✅ SOLVED Please help me identify this VASE (in a pair)

alicew

Jun 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mum has TWO of these vases.. they are both exactly the same and have been in our family for a long time (at least 100 years), but no one has any idea where they came from or who acquired them..
We are from New Zealand originally but they look oriental? They measure approx. 13 inches tall by 8 inches wide.
In excellent condition, and they have survived a few earthquakes!
I can upload more photos if need be.
They don't have any markings or stamps anywhere
Does anyone have an idea about how old they may be, if they are worth anything etc?

vase.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
First, I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

My mum has TWO of these vases...in our family for a long time (at least 100 years)...anyone have an idea about how old they may be...
I can tell you they are at least 100 years old! Sorry alicew - I just couldn't resist.:laughing7: I must agree with sutphi - they are very nice. I am sure a member will jump in shortly with an estimate.

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The style is turn of the 20th C.

Do a Google image search on "art nouveau ivory blush vase" and you will see some similar vases.

Since yours is not marked,the value will be lower.

Lovely family heirloom piece though.

DCMatt

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with u.s.a.1
It looks like a nippon hand painted vase late 19th to early 20th c.the link will make you feel pretty good about it,shown vase is also unmarked and worth several thousand dollars.

Royal Palm Antiques

images (3).jpg and yours.. vase.jpg ..note similar shape,handles and paint style.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

alicew

Jun 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly does look very similar to the one above.. wow we are pretty shocked it could be worth that much.. and we have two of them!
I have contacted some auctions for an appraisal so fingers crossed.. although not sure if we would part with them or not, but nice to know they may be worth something.
Thank you everyone for your help.. its been a mystery in our family for years as to what origin these vases are!

Upvote 0

redstar

Mar 31, 2012
Parkesburg, Pa
Detector(s) used
none, yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this thread says solved, but took a look. As an avid Nippon collector, I would say, its not Nippon. I am thinking German something. Hate to say it, I 'd walk by it if it were on a table.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread