jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have a Mc Moderator :laughing7: I held a door open for a lady to enter a store before me....she started telling me what a POS I was....I graciously replied ***k you ***t pushed in front of her and closed the door behind me. Ive been holding doors open for people for 40 years and most women - and gents - appreciate this little gesture...thus I feel my response was justified.

Sometimes the dents run thread(S) elicit some warm responses....but as it was clearly revealed in the last one of these that the OP did admit to deliberatly misleading members here....so perhaps not justifying nasty responses but certainly justifying scepticism amongst us here.

Chub

I will sometimes Stand at the Door for up to 20 seconds if I see someone on their Way, Men, Women, Or Children.
longer if they are pushing a stroller or walker.
I don't Ever remember anyone giving me a Rude response. Though some may not have thanked me.
I normally don't look for a thanks, Though if it's a good lookin' young Lady I must admit I do look for the Smile & Thanks,
Just for my Ego :tongue3: but it leaves my mind immediately after :coffee2:

I Do remember letting the door slam in people Faces Too. Not being purposely rude, Just being Thoughtless on Occasion.

as for the second part of your message,, All I can say is Get Over it ! I have. He explained it was a Poor choice of Words
for numbers and how many cameras and pictures, etc he said here, because some info is still private. and this isn't a court room ,
and nobody was Expecting "The Spanish Inquisition"
8-)

no harm no fowl from him, so as I said accusations will be dealt with. severely if necessary :skullflag:

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will sometimes Stand at the Door for up to 20 seconds if I see someone on their Way, Men, Women, Or Children.
longer if they are pushing a stroller or walker.
I don't Ever remember anyone giving me a Rude response. Though some may not have thanked me.
I normally don't look for a thanks, Though if it's a good lookin' young Lady I must admit I do look for the Smile & Thanks,
Just for my Ego :tongue3: but it leaves my mind immediately after :coffee2:

I Do remember letting the door slam in people Faces Too. Not being purposely rude, Just being Thoughtless on Occasion.

as for the second part of your message,, All I can say is Get Over it ! I have. He explained it was a Poor choice of Words
for numbers and how many cameras and pictures, etc he said here, because some info is still private. and this isn't a court room ,
and nobody was Expecting "The Spanish Inquisition"
8-)

no harm no fowl from him, so as I said accusations will be dealt with. severely if necessary :skullflag:

Apologies. Was just explaining to the OP as to how sometimes responses appear hostile. For the most part here I find incredible levels of help and respect - especially to newcomers. Red Coat -(as an example) in my humble opinion often replies with some of the most comprehensive and mind blowing details of finds .

Chub

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
617 likes received
3 likes given

seems to me you don't like much of anything anyone has to say. Getting likes aren't important to me, but many members do wish to be acknowledged
for their time and effort in helping others. and to have others share in the joy of a nice relic or coin recovery.
Not that it matters but are you even a treasure hunter? The reason I ask is I've never seen you post on the topic. your art post went well , all the drama post not so well.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
617 likes received
3 likes given

seems to me you don't like much of anything anyone has to say. Getting likes aren't important to me, but many members do wish to be acknowledged
for their time and effort in helping others.

Bingo... Yep... its a 2 way street here.

Cant expect something from nothing.... and you only get what you give.

People give YOU likes to say "hey i like what you are saying"... "cool"... "agree"... etc etc etc.

When you don't reciprocate it sends the REVERSE msg back to the person who acknowledges you.

Now perhaps you are a "newbie" to the whole online thing and if so... well then so be it... now ya know.

IT is not only rude to not acknowledge someone who is speaking to you in everyday life... as well as here.

When someone says "hey i like that"... for you to not say "thanks".

And when on here... at the very least... like it back.

Its called... "internet etiquette" / "online etiquette".

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I as well as other are not here to e belittled, picked at, toyed with or have their thread topics hijacked. I am embarrassed for new comers also experiencing this as of late.

Meh. Your post sounds like a rant. People here are great. Typically I find that the rudeness comes from posters who don't want to hear that their "artifact" or "meteorite" is really just a rock, or their "platinum nugget" is melted beer cans. That's my 2 cents. Your mileage may vary.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All this talk about "likes" made me check mine. I'm not purposely stingy about giving out "likes" but I often forget to do it. I've gotten better about it over the years.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you mention it... it sorta looked like "Peyton Manning".

Not sure if it was the feminine wording... or... ?

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Here is a nice big like for anyone in need of a like fix.
"LIKE"

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
like1.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A dislike button would be VERY cool here.

No it wouldn't, it would just create hard feelings and problems as members are offended.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve never had anyone here be anything but nice,I,m a newbie to this and have yet to save up my money for a detector,but I,m working on it and in the meantime I read all that I can about the hobby as well as offer any help that I can.For instance I am pretty good at recognizing cartridge cases,so offer advice if I can.Also add a little humor,which I feel is often needed these days.I feel that what I,ve learned so far on here is equal to many hours of blind hog detecting.Thanks to all the folks who have offered advice and help,I appreciate it!Don,t forget that much of what is said on the net comes across without context or inflection and can easily be misread so think before you leap.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve never had anyone here be anything but nice,I,m a newbie to this and have yet to save up my money for a detector,but I,m working on it and in the meantime I read all that I can about the hobby as well as offer any help that I can.For instance I am pretty good at recognizing cartridge cases,so offer advice if I can.Also add a little humor,which I feel is often needed these days.I feel that what I,ve learned so far on here is equal to many hours of blind hog detecting.Thanks to all the folks who have offered advice and help,I appreciate it!Don,t forget that much of what is said on the net comes across without context or inflection and can easily be misread so think before you leap.

What detector, what type of hunting and and what price range are you interested in?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A dislike button would be VERY cool here.

well, since my suggestion was unceremoniously deleted, am guessing admin is leaning towards no

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it wouldn't, it would just create hard feelings and problems as members are offended.

It has been suggested multiple times over last 13 years that I know of and still a no go. All it would do is create problems and hard feelings between some members.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What detector, what type of hunting and and what price range are you interested in?

Right now I,m leaning toward the AT Pro,My most available places to hunt are tot lots,athletic fields,old and newer ones and under bleachers.I,ve IDed some old home places,tenant houses on farms.The houses are no longer there but show up on older maps.Tons of farm fields.None of these are especially old,1940 and later,so i,m looking for lost jewelry,coins and such you,d find in these places.Who knows where this journey may take me but that,s my starting place.I,m looking at the 500.00 to 600.00 dollar range as that,s what the AT Pro seems to be going for along with a good pin pointer.I,m pretty much set on new purchase,and I learned a long time ago to wait until I have the money to get what I want rather than settle for something else.Any and all advice will be appreciated and considered.Thank you for your interest.Damn fine site!

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She did not tell anyone what to do, just recounted her experience.

"Please mind your manners" was the subject of her post. That's telling everyone what to do, arbitrarily, regardless of who they are or how they post.

Sorry but that's scolding.

If you want to call someone out for bad manners/post hijacking/etc? Go for it. But to blanket finger-wag the entire forum is plain stupid.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't have to intentionally give offense for someone to take offense.

If someone posts a lump of coal and asks "is this a meteorite?"

They may take offense when you respond "No. It is a lump of coal."

That is not the fault of the answer. It is the fault of fallen expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread