Please read! Help a meteorite community rebuild.

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Please read this information and think about giving these guys some help.
I am asking because I am doing my share to help.
I have never found a meteorite yet...but this here, is worth more to me then finding one now. This area one of the worlds biggest meteorite finds area in the USA and is legendary for it's finds..Lets help these people rebuild and bring back their joy and what gives them their fame in this world!Donations are welcomed and you can buy tickets to win a fundraiser gift also.I am buying a ticket and sending a item or so for the fundraiser.Thank you in your effort.

This will also hopefully get meteorite hunting a name.... Get it recognized that we are hunters and we love what we do and want it to thrive into the future because we care about our world and what we can do to help everyone and it's future.

http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-fundraiser.htm

RockGirlsRock

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2007
Hello Ghostsurf,

Thank you for submitting a link to our Meteorite Community Raffle Fundraiser to raise funds for the residents of Greensburg -- a true meteorite town -- who were devastated by a tornado in May.

The drawing is a little more than two weeks away on July 7th. The residents of Greensburg can certainly use the donations so please buy some tickets to help them out.

Pictures of the incredible raffle prizes donated by members of the meteorite community can be viewed at: http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-raffle.htm

Please feel free to contact me with questions,
Maria

A sampling of the prizes:
Front: 44.2g crusted Gao, 9.1g Gao, 50g melt-in-your-hand Canyon Diablo,
three scale cubes, 37.8g Mckinney, 17g Two-Dot
Back: Three great meteorite books, the first Meteorite! magazine, and the temporary "raffle drum"

Attachments

• Jug & prizes 640x410.jpg
    Jug & prizes 640x410.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 287

RockGirlsRock

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2007
Hello Forum,

Most of you know that because of a conflict with the Haviland Meteorite Festival committee, the drawing was not held as scheduled on July 7. Not to worry though, we have the alternative venue and all of the details worked out and the fundraiser is even better than before. We have more time to sell tickets so we will raise more money for Greensburg and more prizes have been donated so the prize pool is growing as well!

With a lot of help from our gracious hosts, the COMETS (Colorado Meteorite Society), we will hold the drawing during the Denver Gem & Mineral show at their yearly dinner party at 7:00 pm on September 15, 2007 at La Loma Mexican restaurant.

The COMETS will supply some appetizers but you are responsible for your own food and drinks. Come and meet everybody. As soon as everybody has had time to eat dinner and say hello, we will do the Greensburg Raffle.

I will be there during the whole show so if you want to buy more tickets, they'll be available until the very last minute. If you Paypal me at any time on the 15th, please call me. I'll be happy to make sure your tickets get into the drawing.

Those of you who cannot make it to Denver need not worry. If you can't hear us shout your name when we draw your winning ticket, you'll be hearing from us afterwards via email or telephone.

Haven't checked out the prizes lately? Go to http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-fundraiser.htm

We all send our good wishes to the people of Greensburg and thanks to your generous donations, have already presented one check to them. We look forward to giving them another one after the drawing!

Questions, directions, more tickets? Please don't hesitate to email me. Also, during the show I can be reached at (734)645-6037.

Thanks again for your kindness and support.
Maria

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions