Please.....research!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Read folks, read. There are probably 7000 posts on what is the best detector.

If all we do is request hand fed information, we will never be self sufficient.

I notice a lot of folks not posting like the "old" days and the "newbies" asking the same old questions over and over again.

Is it laziness, or is it just the "you owe me" factor? Or could it be the need to talk out of loneliness?

I truly hate to be a grumpy old man, but dang it, grow up and get off mom's buzzum!

Upvote 0

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
A board like this is the best place to ask basic questions, because the people have first hand knowledge about the equipment and how to use it. When you do a search on Google to find answers, you really don't know if it's coming from a true review?

Yes, many boards treat a newbie as if they are the black sheep on the net!
I'm a member on another MD board and have only posted a few time, even tough I've been a member for over a year.
This is part of the treatment I received after making a statement on different metals used to make scoops...

"All I know is you have done a nice job of running amuck on someone else’s thread to soap box your own agenda, and been disrespectful to a very respected water hunter, and forum member in the process. So, contribute something to this site other than attitude and disrespect."

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And lest ALL of you grumpy basterds forget..... This is OUR hobby, and the more idiots DONT ask questions, and just go out and use trial-by-error, we could see a fast end to our hobby...
Can you imagine everyone starting out and just taking a shovel to the park, or digging to china on the beaches??
Really, questions can be annoying, but I would rather answer 100 stupid questions than to have ONE guy go out and give the rest of us a bad reputation... We get enough flak from non-detectors already....

Nuff said on that..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread