diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time you go into business you open yourself up to unhappy customers. Some customers are just angry, some expect what you sell to work as described. Between the uneducated and the Low-ballers I have met while doing transactions, I think Ebay is worse than a yard sale or Second Hand store. The suggested price you can get by googling a item on ebay is ridiculous Most of the stuff is drop shipments from China or stored in a warehouse anyways. No, you are selling and buying junk. Who cares what the description said, you are taking real money for garbage. So Ebay is really a numbers game, you make so many sales, you gonna get burnt. You can give it away to keep the negative feed back off you and consider it a loss and claim it as advertising on your taxes. Or you can flame the buyers who is buying your junk. Both of these options leave a bad taste in my mouth. Lets face it, you are not handling it very much, so $30.00 bucks to send something in a $2.00 dollar shipping and that included padded envelope is just wrong. You dont actually make the product, its something you found in the trash, a yard sale item, or a storage auction. But you want almost retail. Well it was in the trash for a reason in the first place. Even Walmart sells garbage anymore, I cant believe the prices for stuff made from China? I think Ebay is out crooking the crooks.

I am a honest guy who pays fair price for hard to find items. I then resell those items, usually via yard sales and Craigslist. Its a hobby and not a business I am out no money if I would throw my whole inventory in the trash. When I get low balled and insulted enough, I go rent a storage locker, put all $25.00 dollars worth of stuff in it. I then have the locker auctioned off for a few hundred dollars and let some sucker who watches too much tv haul it to the dump for me. I didnt make the guy buying the locker a sucker, he did through his own greed. Now what I consider $25.00 worth of Locker is about a $4000.00 dollar locker according to a popular TV show.

Yes, you own it, you deserve it, and got away with it. Why are you crying on a national site about it?

Blah, blah, blah, blah... WTF was that all about? One of those guys that talks out of both sides of his mouth. Yeah, your one to trust alright. Next!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one lady complaining about $16 vs $13.50 for shipping and handling right now...holy crap, what does this lady expect? She wants it 6 outfits and several glass plates shipped from PA to CA!!! Buyers need to realize that the S&H fee is just that .... & handling.

Don't forget the 9% that feeBay adds for the shipping charge! All my customers pay that fee, it is buried in my S&H fee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread