PNC bank experiences?

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone,

So I have been hunting to find a new bank to open an account with that will be willing to order me half dollars. I just got off the phone with PNC bank and they seem willing to do so if I open up a new account. Before I do anything I would like some input from anyone that currently uses them as a pick up bank. I am in the DC MD VA area, but any input is welcome. Some of the questions I have are:

Do they do regular weekly/bi weekly orders?
How many boxes do you order?
Are there fees attached to it?
Anyone get cut off from orders? How much volume were you doing?
Anything else?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sack0silver

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not have time to go and open the account on Friday, but will sometime tomorrow. I have 2 branches within 2-3 miles of me, hopefully I can get each to order me 2 boxes weekly so I can finally feed my addiction once again. I did manage to get $90 of dimes - all skunk. Got from 2 capital one branches and they were giving me attitude about it too...pretty annoyed.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local PNC bank here ( I have an account) who said I could order 1/2's but it would take a week and there was a $0.10 fee per roll! Did I hear her right? How many rolls in a box?

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DocBeav said:
Went to a local PNC bank here ( I have an account) who said I could order 1/2's but it would take a week and there was a $0.10 fee per roll! Did I hear her right? How many rolls in a box?

I went to a local branch a week ago and they said it was a similar pitch, but $5 per box (50 x $0.10). I was going to try a larger branch to see if they give me the same answer.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is .10 per roll (shipping fee) They order them from the armored car services. I ordered a $1000 so we will see what we get. The teller I spoke to DID say that their policy is NOT to take them back after as they have to pay shipping again on their end. Guess I'll have to find another dump bank. I also have Navy Federal Credit Union and ABNBFCU (Amphibious Base Naval Base Federal Credit Union). Anyone have any luck with either of them?

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheifly homies, banks have nuthing to do with what you get: its the car company (loomis, garda, dunbar, brinks, to name a few)

The PNC bank you went to is in error. I ordered $2000 in halves over the course of a few weeks, never paid a dime per roll or any fee, and was skunked on every single box. I didnt even have an account their. PNC is junk

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 different pnc banks refuse to order me halves and i have an account.

This has been my experience with them.. It all depends on the branch. I would say about 75% of the branches refused to order me halves because I dont have a business account, but two other branches will.. If you find one that will, I would definitely say it is worth opening an account and testing the waters..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread