PNC bank experiences?

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone,

So I have been hunting to find a new bank to open an account with that will be willing to order me half dollars. I just got off the phone with PNC bank and they seem willing to do so if I open up a new account. Before I do anything I would like some input from anyone that currently uses them as a pick up bank. I am in the DC MD VA area, but any input is welcome. Some of the questions I have are:

Do they do regular weekly/bi weekly orders?
How many boxes do you order?
Are there fees attached to it?
Anyone get cut off from orders? How much volume were you doing?
Anything else?

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weekly.
4 boxes from 2 branches.
No fees.
Only got warned once when it took me like a week to pick up my order.
I freakin' love PNC. :)

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't had anything but bad experiences from PNC. They seem to have very strict coin policies. None of the PNCs near me will order coin. One sassy teller told me that it was illegal and prohibited to order halves and that all the halves in the country were being sent to the "Fed's Main Bank" in Washington D.C.

OP
OP
sack0silver

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't had anything but bad experiences from PNC. They seem to have very strict coin policies. None of the PNCs near me will order coin. One sassy teller told me that it was illegal and prohibited to order halves and that all the halves in the country were being sent to the "Fed's Main Bank" in Washington D.C.

LOL!

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usernameerror said:

You have to wander where does someone come up with a comment like this. Do they think their customers live in a prei-internet vacume.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I get a box of halves, dimes, and nickels weekly from my branch that openned about 4 months ago. The tellers are real nice and have been happy to call my house when the order is in. No fees at all and they supply me with as many wrappers as I need. They don't order for any other CRH or even for themselves, when I have asked if they had any extra dimes or nickels they never do and she says, "All we ordered was yours." Just today I was asking them to keep a look out for any older coins for me and they said that they would. I think that a lot has to do with the different branches and the tellers but the PNC main policy has been fine by me so far.

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Weekly order of $100 pennies and $1,000 halves.
No fees.
Never been cut off.

We have a middle five figure account at PNC. I take fresh baked something-or-other in monthly. The Sr. Teller said it's OK to up my order if I want. They have a lobby coin counter that is free for customer use.

PNC is a GREAT bank as far as I'm concerned.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a middle five figure account at PNC. I take fresh baked something-or-other in monthly. The Sr. Teller said it's OK to up my order if I want. They have a lobby coin counter that is free for customer use.

That's probably about 1,000 times as much as I have in my account and I never bring them anything and still get awesome service. :)

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I deal with PNC Financial Advisors. They handle my investments. My day to day bank is CNB also very good. PNC tries to keep me happy and a bank V.P. is available to me whenever I want. They are always nice and they know my family by name. My goal is to have enough assets with them that I own the bank President: like Jed Clampett of the Beverly HillBillies and Milton Driesdale the bank President. (not likely in this lifetime) I think everybody needs a bank president sucking up to them. HeHe:laughing7:

I view banks as a necessary evil. As long as they play nicely, I won't take my ball and go home!:laughing7:
I would definately write a letter of complaint to the bank President if a teller has lied to you or misrepresented the bank in any way. PNC has in general treated me well. Two of the banks that I won't do business with are BoA and Wells Fargo because they were labeled as predatory.

Cheers
:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
sack0silver

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ye i hate BoA for a number of random reasons, but first is the awful customer service that i have always experienced every single time at every branch ive ever been at.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly, it also just has to do with the employees themselves as well. We have a Wells Fargo in our area for example that is so awesome & the people that work there are so sweet, but then one down the road where they are so hateful & rude when we come in. Sometimes the entire company is horrible, but more often than not it will even change from branch to branch the type of service you get.

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They banned me from all surrounding branches after I dumped 300k+ in halves :(
I used it as a dump bank, ordered a few times from them also with no problems.
Scored allot of old bills including gold certificates from the young tellers.

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Weekly order of $100 pennies and $1,000 halves.
No fees.
Never been cut off.

PNC is a GREAT bank as far as I'm concerned.

Forgot to add, the tellers will call me if a if a PNC customer that owns a vending company brings in halves.

GREAT bank!

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Seem like a great bank. I told them I didn't have an account and they still let me buy CWR! They said if I get an account they would be more than happy to order and sell me coins!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get 90% of my boxes from pnc there the BEST!!

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
I'm pretty happy with them. I just started CRH recently and after jamming the machine at my bank and being without about $500 until Monday when they fix and deposit it. I had some cash on me went to pnc and found my first, second and third silver 40% in $100 worth ofMWR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread