Pocket Change Diaries: Chapter 20: You only have a $500 bag of half dollars? (P)

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to my family estate in the proud state of Wisconsin armed with $250. I have a honey hole that I've been slowly diggin into with the "guy that uses 50c coins at poker chips in a game with his college buddies when he's in town" and the girls at that bank have been eating them up and giving me 1 silver per roll since Thanksgiving.

I decided to stop at a promising bank I haven't stopped at before on the way. When I walked in I asked for half dollars, and she said "All I have is one" to which I replied "Well, I'm looking for $50, I have to pay my Uncle for a bet I lost and I want to do it in a painful way." She giggled and went to talk to the head teller...she then told me that all they had was a $500 bag from their coin counter. I said "HOLY FREAKING CRAP, NO WAY, I'LL GO TO THE ATM AND GET YOU SOME CASH RIGHT NOW."....in my head. Verbally, I said "Well...I dunno...you only have that $500 bag eh? What time is it? 4PM...well...my wife will kill me but I don't want to stop at another bank this late...lemme go get the cash." I went outside to their ATM...got the cash...got the bag from them...and searched it on the way to the cabin. My wife found the only silver....1967 40%er. Most had some unique marks...must have been someone's dumps with some pocket change mixed in.

On Saturday morning I then went to my honey hole and got another $100 for my card game. Instead of the usual 10 silver coins...I only got 5...all 40%ers. I did, however, strike up some small talk to see how much more my honey hole had. I've got a plan to get the rest shortly without giving away the silver secret. Stay tuned!

$500 Bag of Half Dollars

$100 in Rolled Half Dollars from the Bank's Coin Counter
1966, 1967, 1967, 1967, 1968D

Attachments

• Half Dollars 02-04-2012.jpg
    Half Dollars 02-04-2012.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0

Eigenturtle

Greenie
Dec 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Well, I'm looking for $50, I have to pay my Uncle for a bet I lost and I want to do it in a painful way."

^This is a good line :laughing7:

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that line, think im going to have to use it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread