pocket watch..

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i got this last year at my favorite spot ,, any ideas on date ,or any info at all is appreciated.. ??? ??? ??? this is my favorite find so far .. when i started i made a wish list,, this was at the top of the list........SCORE.. a dollar hit with my mxt @ 3 in.. ty for looking.. does anybody think this can be restored? i wouldn't mind carrying it around for 50 years.

Attachments

• PocketWatch_2.jpg
    PocketWatch_2.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 658
  • watch1_1.jpg
    watch1_1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 647
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice watch! Looks like silver, any hallmarks or stamps on it? They are sometimes hard to find. As for restoring it, probably can't restore the original but it may be possible, probably a better chance to have the shell remounted with a new watch. Would cost a few $$$ but if you really want it, there is a way. Ask a jewler about the possibility and get a price quote before you commit. HH and welcome to the forum, Mike

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Very nice watch...looks like early 1900's maybe 10 or so years earlier. The engraving on the edge is great!!!!

Good find!!!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much more likely to be able to get a silver or gold pocketwatch restored than one that was base metal like copper or brass. See what they say to you about it. I would imagine that it is a mess inside with the water damage, but the original case and glass may be able to be retained.

Keep us posted on what they say!

Cheers,

Buckleboy

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the length of time that watch has been in the ground it is in very good shape. Congrats and HH
Burdie

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
That's a sweet looking watch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread