pocketfull of pocket watches

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Today I took a hunting buddy with me to an 1840'shouse where i recently found a Carolina tarheels buckle. This house is about 3 miles from a major Confederate hub in a railroad town. We decided to hunt the pasture behind the house and within 5 mins my buddy was yelling that he found something ....i ran to see what he found . It was a very unusual looking CW bullet...one that didnt look familiar to me. It looked as though it was a Gardner that had the center between the rings carved out of it. We continued hunting another hour or so and i found a piece of pocket watch. It was getting hot so we took a water break and resumed hunting not finding much so i returned to the spot where i found the pocket watch ( almost directly behind the house) and bam...another pocket watch ...another swing with the detector and another pocket watch ,,,then another and another ,,,then a bracelet with chain,,,perhaps from one of the watches?.... I'm thinking at this point...jewelry box spill... now another pocket watch....by this time , i am hot and tired of digging pocket watches....I'll hunt that spot next time and maybe some jewelry will pop up.
HH and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 571
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems your hunting the right kind of site, pocket watch parts is a good sign. Keep looking you should turn up some old coins maybe some jewelry or silver coins, but older copper coins and iron are more likely. Cool finds !

Keep @ it and HH!!

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional
Congratulations!!
Sounds like you can start a pocketwatch collection.
HH

John

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
great stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread