Illinois

Attachments

• HPNX0059.JPG
    HPNX0059.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
Lucky... WTG... Nice find, now is that a KKK watch? :-\ sorry... bad joke! But neat find.
Bu

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky,

Unique watch, a lucky find. ;D

HH ;)
River

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you had time to research the watch? Who made it? How old is it? What value? Burdie

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, lucky. :) Is it gold plated?

I've yet to find a complete pocketwatch. I've found cases....I've found innards....but I haven't found them all put together like you found. ;)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great find for sure.

I've found some that were all rusted away. I could only see the outline in the dirt and a few solid pieces.

HH

Badger

E

Emotep

I lost a watch just like that a number of years ago, at that same old house where you used to play. Hmm. I don't think this scam will work.

Congratulations on finding that, though. That's really neat. I just now joined this group, and so this is the first batch of posts I have read. I hope it's Ok to introduce myself this way. I came to this site because I started looking for stuff about treasure after reading a novel that had a bunch of supposed Nazi artifacts as a key part of the plot. I got to wondering if some or all of these things really existed, so started searching. This site seemed to have lots of posts and interesting information, but I'm just getting started reading. I haven't found anything yet on these Nazi treasure items, but will keep looking. If anyone knows where I should be looking and would care to direct me, I would be grateful.

And I apologize if I've written too much or incorrect subject matter here. I'll try to learn the rules quickly and use proper etiquette.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice lookin' watch Lucky...A friend of mine found an old "Elgin" pocket watch and supposedly you can find out alot more if you take the back off....Don't know about this make but good luck and keep us posted if you find something out.Maybe a jeweler can help you out down the line......Congrat's and HH!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Etiquette? I just looked that word up in my dusty ol' Websters............I thought etiquette was a French pastry! I learn something new everyday but if I need to use proper "etiquette" here, somebody better tell me before I get myself in trouble! lol Welcome Emotep & that is a cool watch Lucky! Realy curious as to the age of it, let us know if you find out.

OP
OP
lucky1777

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I removed the back. It says it is a six position and has 21 ruby jewels. I can not find much information on the watch. Someone told me it looks to have a Elgin movement in it.

R

rvbvetter

Great find!!! Thats like the watch Tsgman found. The stem is at the 3 o clock position. Don't know if he said it or I just heard it some where, but it might be a railroad watch. WTG!!! HH

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
rvbvetter said:
Great find...it might be a railroad watch.

I think so, too. The script just below the center looks like "Specially Adjusted," which is a mark often seen on railroad watches, and means that they have been modified to maintain correct time under extreme conditions: heat, cold, shock, etc.

I can't find "W. W. Windom" in any makers lists, either, and am wondering if it's actually the name of the owner, custom enameled onto the dial.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a neat watch! Like rvbvetter mentioned I found a Elgin pocket watch a few weeks ago. I also found a Elgin website, it appears my watch was a Rail Road watch. The stem is also at the 3 o'clock postion. Here is a pic. Tsgman

Attachments

• Pocket watch frt after cleaned.JPG
    Pocket watch frt after cleaned.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 250
  • pocket watch side view not cleaned.JPG
    pocket watch side view not cleaned.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Pocket watch back after cleaned.JPG
    Pocket watch back after cleaned.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 252
  • pocket watch frt.JPG
    pocket watch frt.JPG