Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a demanding 12 hour shift I quickly headed home grabbed a pair of swimming trunks, the Pro and headed to a local beach. Man was it hot and humid! Set the pro at pro zero mode, 2 bars down and iron at my lucky number...19. Waist high in the drink I was the recipient of some unwanted attention as a horse fly was bugging the heck out of me. After several vain attempted I got the sucker as it rested on my forearm. It hit the water with it legs kicking at the sky. No quicker than blink and fish came up and swallowed it. Poetic justice nature style. I lost the horse fly but was then shadowed by a trout who was looking for a free meal. Every time I brought the sieve up as the sand filtered through it there he was. 4 bobby pins later this silver number appeared in my sieve..................not sure who it is but kind a thinking with the F.D. at the top stands for fire department....only guessing.

Did not protect my antagonist who made some trout a quick snack!:icon_scratch:

Upvote 8

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Trout?? You must be in some pretty cold water! Nice silver save.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, its a firefighters medal. The maltese cross is a firemans symbol, saint florian is the patron saint of firefighters. Congrats on a nice piece of silver!

garbageman

Mar 20, 2009
Joliet, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Tesoro Tiger Shark
Nice find. As a former firefighter I know that St. Florian is the patron saint of firefighters. I have a charm just like that but in gold. -Garbageman

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find If you weaponized your scoop you could have had dinner with your silver find. Nice post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread