Attachments

• DSC01789.JPG
    DSC01789.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 580

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I'm pretty sure that is a money maker bottle.. is it amber or puce? Puce color is a color that is defined as ranging from reddish-brown to purplish-brown, with the latter being the more widely-accepted definition found in reputable sources. Puce is a shade of red.

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This one is amber. I read that they come in 2 sizes and sometimes the word tinct is replaced with the word liquid.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
cryptic said:
This one is amber. I read that they come in 2 sizes and sometimes the word tinct is replaced with the word liquid.
"Tinct" is an abbreviation of "tincture" which describes something dissolved in alcohol.

According to Wikipedia, "Tincture of iodine is a disinfectant, usually 2-7% elemental iodine, along with potassium iodide or sodium iodide, dissolved in a mixture of ethanol and water."

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
cryptic said:
can you get a pic in direct sunlight? I think it has a look of a puce maybe... a lil to much red thru my eyes to be amber.... direct sunlight will tell for sure

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will grab a picture of it in direct sunlight asap. Heading for Jamaica tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
creeper71 said:
cryptic said:
I will grab a picture of it in direct sunlight asap. Heading for Jamaica tomorrow. :icon_thumright:
oh yeah I forgot... when u coming back?

Should be back here in Ontario in about 9 days.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's mine, dug by my bud's kid in a fifties dump in Watertown NY 30 miles south of Canada. I paid five beans but would dread paying more than 20.

Attachments

• skullpoison.jpg
    skullpoison.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,080
  • skullpoison.jpg
    skullpoison.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 520

planejet42

Jan 5, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool bottle, I'm guessing its not a screw top!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions