polar plunge 2018

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's that time of the year again. Time to jump in the pond on new years day. It all started 13 years ago when my dad jumped in his pond in april and had bragging rights to have been the first one in that year. So as December rolled around, i told him that i was jumping in on new years day. That would assure that i was going to be the first one in the pond that year. So he decided to jump in on new years eve, but i told him that he was the last one in the pond that year. He was 75 years old at the time. So new years day me and my son who was 10 at the time, took the plunge. So every year since then I've been polar plunging. Most years we have to chainsaw a hole in the ice, and this year looks to be one of the coldest new years days that we've had in a while.My father is gone now but my mother does her part to carry on the tradition. Every year since dad passed she does a snow angel in her underwear. I stopped by to see her today, and sure enough, there is snow angel just off of her back porch. That old woman is 84 years old

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for them!!! 🙌 And good for u too! 😁 A lotta PDs in our area sponsor these every winter. I did one of the first ones...but decided I liked the warm squad car way better. 😂

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a story Rodney. Sounds like one of those family traditions that could be carried on for generations. SD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread