Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up this Spectra SE in the box for 5 bucks.

Just ordered a couple packs of film for it :wink:

It will be a hoot to use it around town and see the crazy responses :laughing7:

CIMG2337.JPG

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Have I got something for you!!!! Picked these up at a sale last fall. All unopened. 2 on the left dated 11/01 and the 1 on the right is 10/98. Interested?

Attachments

• Spectra1.jpg
    Spectra1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 542

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw one today for $2.00, not new in box though. I screwed up and passed up a Harley seat for $35 at the same store. Might have to go back Monday :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this SX-70 for $7.00 but the film door latch is broke so..... I listed it on Ebay for parts.

100_4036.jpg

OP
OP
Jeep

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some photo's of the expired Polaroid film. This is always a gamble but I like buying it just to
see how it turns out. I have had luck in the past and some not so good but like metal detecting you
never know what your gonna get. The pack of film dated 1998 was crystallized as it sometimes happens
but amazingly the battery still had a full 6v kick so I kept that.

The next packs were of the 01 film, I ran some test shots but the emulsion had thickened and most of them were duds. I did get a few interesting shots of the dog and jeep below:
DOG

CIMG2339.JPG

JEEP

CIMG2338.JPG

DUDS

CIMG2340.JPG

I had received another order of my film from the Impossible Project and here are a few pics of the silver film I used.

CIMG2342.JPG

CIMG2341.JPG

CIMG2343.JPG

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Bummer about that film. I've always wondered why it sells so well, on EBay, for this very reason. The only thing I know about the film is that it was found, in a utility drawer, during an estate cleanout.

OP
OP
Jeep

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Historyhound said:
Bummer about that film. I've always wondered why it sells so well, on EBay, for this very reason. The only thing I know about the film is that it was found, in a utility drawer, during an estate cleanout.

I buy it from ebay sometimes too, it's a gamble but an enjoyable one. Working with old film and camera's
are always enjoyable. It's an an american icon some of us just won't let go. :wink:

Funny thing is at the time Polaroid made the Spectra it was already outsourced to the UK and the film
was being manufactured in the Netherlands.

I have a few 600's and a couple SX-70's that I am repairing now. Them dang door latches :laughing7:

Anyhow, it keeps me busy and out of jail errr, trouble :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread