Pole question

Happy_Hour

Feb 26, 2011
My Camper Van.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher 1266, Teknetics Turbo.
003.JPG Are there any drawbacks on using this older type pole and metal hardware instead of the newer carbon fiber. I have several of these and would like to use with my Tejon.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1367807 Are there any drawbacks on using this older type pole and metal hardware instead of the newer carbon fiber. I have several of these and would like to use with my Tejon.

The metal bolt is a smaller diameter than the later nylon type. You can ditch the metal bolt, then drill the pole end to accept the newer plastic one, or, make simple bushings to adapt the smaller metal bolt to your coil mounting holes. No problem with using the lower pole, though.
If you don't want to do any modifying, you can buy a new plastic lower pole complete with the bolt and rubber washers for about $15 shipped from eBay.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It could add to EMI problems, who knows. Try it and tell us. :occasion14:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Several of my Tesoros came originally with that pole. Over the years I've also had the newer style. Other than dealing with the larger holes in newer coil ears there's no functional difference that I could ever notice. Depth etc. not affected at all. Most well equipped hardware outlets carry smaller nylon bolts and nuts, if desired, for the earlier sizes.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread