Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally I haven't been subscribing to treasure magazines.

But recently I purchased 2 back issues of American Digger Magazine because they feature a treasure hunter I buy Spanish relics from (from whom I buy Spanish relics).

I found I really enjoyed them!

Then the thought struck me--this is the type of thing more moms and dads ought to have in their homes for their children to read.

Think about it.

With all the depressing crap out there these days (no future jobs, super bugs, drug abuse, etc), why not show the kids there's still something positive that's worth working for?

I really believe we become what we think.

Treasure magazines are a whole lot more than wish-books. They can (under the right influence) become tremendous motivators to education. And lets face it--Americans need wholesome education these days.

I say take the challenge and fill your home with constructive educational materials. Treasure mags go a long way toward encouraging a desire to study history. Really, today how many Americans know anything about the history of our nation?

And too genealogical studies could be greatly encouraged by reading treasure magazines. One issue I recently purchased (American Digger - Issue 6 Vol. 2 Nov-Dec 2006) contains an article titled: "Following An Ancestor's Tracks With a Metal Detector." Now how cool is that?

Treasure mags today tell secrets that took me 30+ years to learn the hard way.

Give it some thought. I know money is tight but how important are your kids?

MB

Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread