Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had some free time today, and started at an old lot that I have had my eye on for a couple of weeks now. Trash, trash, and more trash-I gave up and was frustrated driving home. Weird how your mind works sometimes. I decided to turn down this road for some unknown reason and came across an empty lot. Glad I did. Of course there were a few nails and one pull tab but mostly it was good stuff in the short time I had left to hunt. First was the 47 wheat then next signal just ten inches away was the 41 quarter. Next came across the token-wish it had a name/date but still cool none-the-less. Walking back to my truck (trotting more like it - I was late) came across a good signal for the piece that has the odd design. I am guessing it might be silver plated but not sure. I plan on posting this to the "What is it" section as I don't have a clue!
IMG_20120328_124100.jpg IMG_20120328_125500.jpg IMG_20120328_125405.jpg IMG_20120328_125331.jpg IMG_20120328_125350.jpg IMG_20120328_142833.jpg

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds. Did you know the owner of the lot? The reason I ask is that it sounds like you just found a lot while you were driving around and started detecting there.
I know you're probably going to get upset with me for asking, but the way your post reads, you just starting digging on someone else's property.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjc_lakedweller

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds. Did you know the owner of the lot? The reason I ask is that it sounds like you just found a lot while you were driving around and started detecting there.
I know you're probably going to get upset with me for asking, but the way your post reads, you just starting digging on someone else's property.

Sorry, was not my intention. It is owned by the person who lives next door. She is new to the area and does not know the history of the empty lot. She did in fact grant permission which I thanked her kindly for doing so. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Diggit.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sorry, was not my intention. It is owned by the person who lives next door. She is new to the area and does not know the history of the empty lot. She did in fact grant permission which I thanked her kindly for doing so. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Diggit.
No problem , guy. I wouldn't THINK you would do that, but they way you wrote it, it could be construed like that. And god KNOWS we have a hard enough time getting permission sometimes as it IS...

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt , just love it when things come together, Congrats.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! Congrats on the Silver Washington and that token is way cool!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread