Popped a few coppers, colonial relics, interesting brooch, old copper crucifix.

Golden Pull-tab

Mar 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came across a productive little colonial spot cold searching in the woods. It's an old part of town, near the original plots settled around 1670. The area with the original homesteads are now a bunch of mc mansions, some with very large properties which I assume were colonial fields at one point, but there's a fairly large parcel of town open space near by that had some interesting terrain details that caught my eye going by my favorite satellite imagery of the area so I decided to buzz around. After 3 hrs and about 5 miles of nothing but shotgun shells and a few musket balls, I finally hit a little hot spot.

Popped a few toasty coppers, one that looked like a KG II before it completely disintegrated when it dried out, and the other I can still make out "one cent" on, looks like a draped bust, too toasty to get a date.

Got a few cool buttons, a big ol' dandy and a cool little gold rimmed flatty, what looks like half a spectacle buckle, saddle guide?, a hefty old brooch? that took me like 15 min to dig up, damn thing was over a foot deep and digging holes that deep in connecticut woods is an adventure. Towards the end I ended up fiding an old copper crucifix, guess the spot decided to get into the holiday spirit. I actually found the Jesus statuette first and was about to walk away but swung over the hole one more time and still had a signal, the cross part was a few inches in the side of the plug, good reminder to always double check your holes I guess.

Attachments

• Colonial1.jpg
    Colonial1.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 14

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt!! I bet there is a reale there waiting to be dug up!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great place to hunt...keep at it! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really good finds good job

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice brooch

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looks like you are on to a productive site, well done!

OP
OP
Golden Pull-tab

Golden Pull-tab

Mar 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I'll beep around the spot some more next week and see what I missed. Not really hoping for silver, it's been eluding me this year, dug plenty of relics, probably 50 or 60 buttons and a handful of toasty coppers this year but still no silver. I wanted to do some cold searching in the woods before the ticks show up in full force but it's usually 90% legwork with no reward, once the weather gets warmer I'll try some of my mid 1800's areas I've been researching and maybe hit some silver for the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread