Pork & Beans Boxes (UPDATED with photograph)

Half-Hound

Jun 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
Pork & Beans Boxes (UPDATED with photograph)

I think Brinks is including one 40% coin with each of my boxes like pork & bean people include one piece of salt-pork in each can. This is how they keep CRH people like me ordering the boxes! Anyway, my last 3 or 4 have been like that. Hello to Rileyboy, and everyone else.

Half-Hound

2/11/2011 Well, it happened again! Half-Hound is still eatin' "High On The Hog." This time it was a lone 1964. But the pattern was the same: one keeper per box. Incidentally, this box had been in a bank vault for maybe 2 or 3 years - I didn't order it. The box had yellow lettering instead of the usual brown color. So I think it was an "older" box. I was a bit disappointed that it gave up only the single keeper.

Another topic, please. My last box of dimes contained (I think) 50 rolls of uncirculated 2010 D coins. These are rolled in paper, all enders are new 2010 coins, and I opened one roll to verify that every coin was uncirculated 2010 D. Is it worth keeping any of these?

Hello to everyone, Half-Hound.

Attachments

• LITE 1964 Can Of Pork & Beans.jpg
    LITE 1964 Can Of Pork & Beans.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

I think you are on to something here Half-Hound, they add just a sprinkle of the good stuff to keep us ordering those boxes and reaping those profits...fees paid for by the banks of course! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL! I'm looking for the big cans with a whole ham-hock! :laughing7:

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Half-Hound,
It seems the same way where I am. Get a box and there's only one or two keepers. I think it's just coincidence. Things will change. Just have to be patient. It's out there for the finding. Trust me!
rileyboy

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro

Half-Hound;
It's been the same for me (also in Southern California) recently. If the box isn't a skunk, it only has a single, lonely 40%er.
- Grizz

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010

Someone needs to send the quality control my area. The pork department has left out that little cube of nasty meat the past 26 out of 30 cans. I would gladly trade you cans.

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008

please tell me where they stalk the pre-salted boxes, I would go to 20 boxes a week if I knew that I was guaranteed one per box, even if the guarantee was no more than 1!!
Better than what I am going through now!! 5 of 6 boxes are skunks.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

I once thought something like that could be possible, but not now. Most banks (at least where I am) say they pay Brinks a flat rate for service. If this is true, Brinks is not going to like having to haul more boxes/dumps, and it will if anything hurt their bottom line. If the banks pay per box ordered, then the opposite is true.

There will always be a need for coin/cash couriers as long as there is a fed reserve that needs a liason between it and its member banks (basically any bank or credit union). So even if CRHing disappeared, the couriers would still be doing well I believe.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread