Portsmouth Ohio Artifact Show

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be an artifact show on the campus of Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio on November 9th and 10th, which is a Friday and a Saturday. The 9th will be for school kids to come down and look at the displays and the 10th will be open to the public. Admission is free and it will be held in the gymnasium. I will be setting up 10 tables so if you get a chance stop be and see some local southern Ohio artifacts.

We used to have a show every year at this same facility, but the sponsors pulled out and they couldn't afford it anymore. This is now being done by the university for the Cultural Week and it should be a good show. Last year it was small and inside the student union, but this year they have invited more displayers, a knapper, a man who displays primitive weapons, and some native dancers and drummers. It should be a good show.

I'm pretty sure the times are 9 am to 5 pm both days.

Hope to see some of you there.

Upvote 0

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Dang Steve, wish I would've known earlier and coulda planned for it...would really like to see some of your collection sometime...maybe next year.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take some pics and put them on here for all of us that cant make it. I would enjoy seeing it.

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a picture of the poster for the show. The times are 10 am to 6 pm each day and I guess it's open the public both with Friday being for the school kids too.

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 118

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure it will peak some interest in some youngsters.

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish i could come! We never have anything like that around here

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish i could come! We never have anything like that around here

Maybe you should start something up yourself somehow...i've never been to an artifact show before . I'd probably get too excited and start running around like cornholio looking for lake titicaca. I have some artifacts dispayed permanently at a little roadside museum near marietta, I'm not sure how many they actually have displayed but i donated a whole site (big big site) there were at least 1000 pcs tools points etc. Maybe you should make the trip steve then you could see some of my points.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Stop by and pick me up on your way and i'll let you buy me lunch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions