929.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    905.9 KB · Views: 68

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Many if not most of these were sold in bags with Champion headers but many were proven to be made by Ravenswood and sold by Champion. I'd say the one on the left is Ravenswood. It was fairly recently that a lot of these "bicentennial champions" were shown to be Ravenswoods and my thinking hasn't adjusted yet, I need to pull mine out and re-examine them to get a feel for them. I still want to say champion for a lot of them, especially the bottom row.

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many if not most of these were sold in bags with Champion headers but many were proven to be made by Ravenswood and sold by Champion. I'd say the one on the left is Ravenswood. It was fairly recently that a lot of these "bicentennial champions" were shown to be Ravenswoods and my thinking hasn't adjusted yet, I need to pull mine out and re-examine them to get a feel for them. I still want to say champion for a lot of them, especially the bottom row.

Thank you! I can definitely see the one on the left stands out as "more" Ravenswood-y. I'm curious where you learned about Champion selling the Ravens - was there an article about it? Thanks again for your input...I feel comfortable putting the one on the left in my, very, thus far, small Ravenswood drawer! (I have a lot of WV swirls that I have yet to sort thru but I was kind of putting that off for when I got a little more comfortable ID'ing the "simpler" (yeah, rite) mibs).

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I learned about it from Ron Shepard. He posted about it over at allaboutmarbles.com some time ago. He also IDed mine as champion earlier on but once the Ravenswood info came out (I think there was paperwork like sales receipts found), the bicentennials were looked at with a bit more scrutiny and a lot that were thought to be champion simply because they came in champion bags were then recognized as ravenswoods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you are busy digging in your own boxes (!); but could you let me know if you ever do pull these bicentennials for re-exam. I noticed for whatever reason I did put all of these types in the Ravens stash; but I just pulled six out and put into Champion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions