Possible extended battery time with the explorers/etracs

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possible extended battery time with the explorers/etrac's

I saw on another forum (m i n e l a b o w n e r s) where there is some sound coming out of the speaker when your headphones are plugged in. I tried it for myself on my etrac and sure enough its true. If you hold you ear right up to the speaker you can hear sound coming from both the headphones and the speaker when you run over a target, barely audible but there is some sound. So stand to reason if you turn that off somehow it should consume less battery drain.

It was officially answered by minlab on the forum that it does not in fact reduce battery consumption but I am curious. Any time you are running a speaker you are using power to do so. It has to be using "some" power to do so. Some people over the pond are taking the 4 screws out on the back of the main module and pulling the speaker connection and getting better battery life.

I don't know what how much if any it increases your battery life but I thought I would throw that out there just as knowledge.

Yes I'm sure pulling the speaker voids your warranty so do so at your own risk.

AGAIN....... just a heads up.

HH

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Re: Possible extended battery time with the explorers/etrac's

If you can barely hear it, it's not drawing much power at all. It would be much better to just buy some 2700mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries and use those in the extra pack. This would increase battery capacity by 68% over the standard 1600mAh pack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions