Possible fun spot for late spring or summer

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it’s spring and when I’m ready, I'll be thankful for help in detecting some land in my area (We own a portion of it)
But, I have to warn ya, there is a lot of trash!
I will also need to do more research, and wouldn't mind help in that area too.

My property is located right off of what used to be the former Soo line railroad, and is now the Gandy Dancer trail. The south side of it, but north of Siren.

Here’s the trash and research part. What used to be there was a station/corridor of some kind. Not for public transportation, but I think mainly a stop for loading (off or on) timber and maybe other goods as well. There’s a couple thousand feet of sandy area, where it’s obvious the corridor was. (all woods around it, and the trail) I don’t figure and from the research that I’ve done already, that the corridor is all that old. I think the late 1800/1901

For years people have been snowmobiling, hunting and riding their atv’s on the property, though it’s private and posted as such. Now that we own it (or a portion of it) we’ll monitor it more closely…

The trash part is, they tore up the old tracks, station (stop) and there is a lot of glass (such as old glass insulators), metal, some old railroad ties (really deteriorated) and whatever else that would have been too small to pick up when they cleaned after the demo. Most of this doesn’t show when just looking at the property, most of the trash is buried, but, with who knows what else? To look at, it’s a beautiful stretch of land

I tried to detect it last late summer, but was overwhelmed. It’s all sand, so it’s nice to dig, but I kept finding so much trash, also, I wasn’t very prepared…i.e. taking along a big trash bag to put all the trash in (too much other stuff going on too). This summer I want to hit it better prepared and hit it with other people that have more experience. I was also only using a Garrett 150. I want to upgrade to a 250…that’s all I can afford. Since I’ll only be detecting when time permits, I don’t think I need anything better, unless someone wants to offer me a really great deal on something better ;D

I couldn’t be sure if there’s going to be anything great there, but it sure seems like it should. There would have been loads of activity during the time the corridor was there, then the demo of it, then all the use of atv’s, snowmobiles, people hunting on it and people just walking it over the years. And, I’d suspect it’s never been detected. (except by me and my feeble attempt)

If anyone is interested in hitting it with me this spring, drop me a message

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I am north of you in Solon Springs but would be happy to make the drive, always nice to hunt with a fellow T-netter. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can findout about that area.

Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions