Possible piece of Celt??

nolanbuckman

Jan 13, 2023
Hello all, here’s my finds for today. I wanted y’all’s opinion on that first piece. To me it looks like it could definitely be a bit to a Celt. If you look closely you can see peck marks and it looks very similar to the top of a complete Celt I’ve already found and posted. Any insight would be greatly appreciated I decided to keep it anyways as it definitely appears to be worked. I also found this white perforator broken piece that’s been worked all the way around although I’m not sure that’s what it is. All in all not a terrible day but will be back out on Tuesday for some more stompin.

Attachments

• IMG_5126.jpeg
    IMG_5126.jpeg
    985.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5127.jpeg
    IMG_5127.jpeg
    922.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5129.jpeg
    IMG_5129.jpeg
    881.3 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 5

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I agree its pretty small and hard to tell, but if I had to take a whack at it, it looks more like the poll end than the bit end. I say this based on the profile curve to the bit or poll.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, here’s my finds for today. I wanted y’all’s opinion on that first piece. To me it looks like it could definitely be a bit to a Celt. If you look closely you can see peck marks and it looks very similar to the top of a complete Celt I’ve already found and posted. Any insight would be greatly appreciated I decided to keep it anyways as it definitely appears to be worked. I also found this white perforator broken piece that’s been worked all the way around although I’m not sure that’s what it is. All in all not a terrible day but will be back out on Tuesday for some more stompin.
It would be the poll end but not enough there to make a determination.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread