a paleo marinefossil1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 492
  • plesiosaur-lg (12).jpg
    plesiosaur-lg (12).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 689

Mosasaurfiend

Feb 8, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
This bone is the distal end of a femur, Polycotylid Plesiosaur, which is the short-necked Plesiosaur.
Something for you to visually compare. I found it in Arkansas.

Attachments

• plesiosaur paddle bone.JPG
    plesiosaur paddle bone.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 526
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Harry Pristis said:
It appears to be a rock. Why do you think that the object is a bone?

Find something to do please. I don't need friends raining on my parade..even if I am delusional.

Thank you

Cap Z.

Solius Symbiosus

Aug 4, 2009
Wow! Perhaps, I am missing something, but there was no judgement of your psyche, that I perceived. Instead, Harry wanted to know the characteristics of your stone, that you thought, indicated it was bone.

I realize that I have little standing on this forum, but I am familiar with Harry's ability to identify vert material. As far as I have witnessed, his knowledge is unsurpassed... professional, or otherwise(and I know a few of both ;) ).

If you wanted someone to justify a preconceived conclusion, then why did you ask for opinions?

BTW, I know little of vert material, but I know a little something about rocks. Get some better photographs, with close ups, and I can probably, intimately, describe your stone.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Pardon me.

Here's a close up photo..I hope you can see the 'marrow' looking sections. Up close they look like tiny honeycombs.

Thanks for the feedback.

Attachments

• BoneFossil2.jpg
    BoneFossil2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 407
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

LanceHall said:
I'm just not seeing it.

Do you know the geologic age where it was found?

Yea, It was about 327 years into the latter Jurassic on a Wednesday...

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Quote from: LanceHall on Nov 24, 2009, 07:25:24 PM
I'm just not seeing it.

Too funny i love it

Tylocidaris

Aug 4, 2009
Upper Cretaceous of Texas
Cappy Z. said:
LanceHall said:
I'm just not seeing it.

Cappy Z, you give the impression that you really don't "appreciate any help" (which surprises me given your initial request and your Charter Member status on this forum). Your photos barely reveal enough detail to even make a guess. So, until your request is sincere and photos are clearer, your specimen will be whatever you want it to be....

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Tylocidaris said:
Cappy Z. said:
LanceHall said:
I'm just not seeing it.

Cappy Z, you give the impression that you really don't "appreciate any help" (which surprises me given your initial request and your Charter Member status on this forum). Your photos barely reveal enough detail to even make a guess. So, until your request is sincere and photos are clearer, your specimen will be whatever you want it to be....
My god man, loosen up a bit. This isn't honors physical anthropology. It's suppose to be 'fun' here.
Keep your criticism on my fossil, please. Did you know the Neanderthals had no sense of humor? And look what happened to them...

Tylocidaris

Aug 4, 2009
Upper Cretaceous of Texas
Cappy Z. said:
Tylocidaris said:
My god man, loosen up a bit. This isn't honors physical anthropology. It's suppose to be 'fun' here.
Keep your criticism on my fossil, please. Did you know the Neanderthals had no sense of humor? And look what happened to them...

...uhh, I thought I was helping to ID the furry one under the "fuzzy" one. :laughing7:

Apparently, you've found a funny bone. :read2: (That ID was so easy, even a cave man could do it.) :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

...uhh, I thought I was helping to ID the furry one under the "fuzzy" one. (Tylocidaris)

:notworthy: (lol)

Thank you for your expert assessment!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a rock. Does it smell like a rock? Maybe its a rock? :laughing7: A very old rock. Keep looking you have the shape down pat.
(humor cappy)
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

TnMountains said:
Looks like a rock. Does it smell like a rock? Maybe its a rock? :laughing7: A very old rock. Keep looking you have the shape down pat.
(humor cappy)
HH
TnMtns

It also swims like a rock....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread