possible shield penny composition change?

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all. I got my first electric penny sorter today and am so excited that it works as well as it does. I didn't buy a ryedale or reilly or anything like that, I just bought a comparator and am in the process of building a auto feeder for it but while that's under construction I tested the comparator. had to go running off to the bank like a fool with his ass on fire to pick up 2 boxes and im now 1 box down, and ive run into something odd. I running it so that It accepts zinc and rejects anything else. and for some reason out of a whole box ( which was a rather poor box id say 15% or less copper) i only saw it mistake maybe 5 or 6 coppers for zinc total but it would regularly reject new zinc shield pennies. like at least 1 every roll. not Lincoln logs or any of those or the 08' 09' memorials but consistently it would reject brand new shiny shield pennies. my sample coin is i think a pretty clean 04' or 05' memorial, any reason that it would reject just shield pennies, was there an experimental composition change i didn't know about or is it just because they aren't as dirty as my sample coin? p.s. ill update later after my next box and ill post a new thread when i get my auto feeder put together, the plans ive drawn up are a pretty simple design and it should work just as good as a reilly sorter

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread