possibly indian related ??

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out metal detecting around a small creek that connects to a river. According to local history, there was an indian village right around this area and then after the Sullivan campaign(revolutionary war) there was a cabin built here right after the rev. war. I didn't find much with my detector but I found this rock in the center of the creek with my eyes. Most everyone that I have shown it to thinks it's some kind of indian tool. You can put your index finger through the hole and it sits perfectly in the shape of your hand. I'm not so sure but if anyone can give me any info I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Frank

Attachments

• P1030042.JPG
    P1030042.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 401
  • P1030046.JPG
    P1030046.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 388
  • P1030042.JPG
    P1030042.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 392
  • P1030046.JPG
    P1030046.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 401

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Re: posibly indian related ??

I have no clue as to what that is but another rock but i would have picked it up as well have you posted this in the American Indian Artifacts section. if it is an Indian artifact they will be able to tell you everthing there is to know about it. thanks for the pic and keep your eyes on the ground who knows whats laying around in that creek

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From the pictures you posted, it doesn't appear either front or rear has been hand drilled. It appears to be natural....

Upvote 0

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

It's natural...but a beauty I would collect/keep. I just love the 'Holi" stones. Indian lore has it that they are wonderful for keeping nightmares at bay (or is it beigh?) when hung by a bed, or placed under a pillow.
--OR--
Hang it in a front window or door (business , home) for safekeeping and prosperity:)

I collect them and yours is a happy "Holi."

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OUCH !!!!!! :laughing9:

Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

vibes said:
It's natural...but a beauty I would collect/keep. I just love the 'Holi" stones. Indian lore has it that they are wonderful for keeping nightmares at bay (or is it beigh?) when hung by a bed, or placed under a pillow.
--OR--
Hang it in a front window or door (business , home) for safekeeping and prosperity:)

I collect them and yours is a happy "Holi."

Heck I didn't know that bit about the nightmares and "holi" or possibly "holy" stones...and in case you can't see by my name here, I actually am part native American. I should make some dream catchers that include some of the holy rocks I have laying around...A double whammy againt nightmares if ever there was one!

Peace
~Nash~

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread