Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Story is that 3,700 post offices have been earmarked for possible closure. Oh, oh!! :o
Packer, They closed a small town post office, a couple years ago... Where my mail used to come from.. Changed us to a post office quite further away... Now we carry the zip code for that area...

We carry Allstate as our Insurance provider.. It has raised our rates.. Because they go by the average wrecks in that zip code area...

My Agent and I had A nice little talk.. Every month when the bill would arrive their computer by default would change back to the new zip... So he now manually changes it every month..

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Government says they can't afford 'em, yet they want to pass a bill for public funding of illegals to go to college here. I'm glad we have our priorities straight.

C

Cappy Z.

Its about control. The govt is now also considering (and doing in some areas) allowing your ISP to LIMIT the amount of time you can be online. THEY already monitor your internet activity..and will continue to monitor your internet...mail...activity. In 1900 75% of people lived rural...in 2025 ...75% will live in URBAN areas. Now, consider 'rolling blackouts' meaning NO ELECTRICITY for hours, days, weeks and/or months....The USA Prison Police will Control 75% of the population. This means rationing food, water, gasoline, electricity, and perhaps MOST important...LIMITING US CITIZENS ability to COMMUNICATE with each other. Folks...it's all part of the New World Order..and it is happening real fast. Between 2000 and 2010 4.2 MILLION Mexicans moved into the USA. In that same period they dropped 6.0 MILLION babies. The New World Order WANTS them here. It is all by DESIGN. The Multinational Corporate Dictators are in charge. Congress has been bought off with dirty money. This budget fiasco is a Smokescreen....Has anybody noticed the total lack of news coverage on the Three Wars... Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya? Whose controlling the news? America as we have known Her is dying....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
packerbacker said:
Story is that 3,700 post offices have been earmarked for possible closure. Oh, oh!! :o

There goes the only place in our town....only a feed store will be left if it happens here.

My post office closed in the 50's

Loosing 2 locally this time If & When it happens.

Spring Glen & Muir
Both are very small,
I either am not seeing it,
or they missed Branchdale.
I would have thought that would be on the list too.

The Schuylkill County offices to be studied are in Cumbola, Locustdale, Lost Creek, Mahanoy Plane, MaryD, Muir and Spring Glen.

The Postal Service cited changes in its customers' habits, straying from conducting business at a physical post office and doing so increasingly more online, via smart phones or at outside retailers.

Unlike many traditional post offices, Cumbola's is located on the first floor of a three-story home owned by Clair V. and Mary T. Conville, according to the online Schuylkill Parcel Locator.

The lobby is small, big enough for three people to stand inside.

No matter how much they save,
Next year they will cry poverty again &
raise postage.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post office in Ben Franklin's house may close

PHILADELPHIA -- A post office in a building that Benjamin Franklin once owned is on the Postal Service's list of branches that could close.

The post office in Philadelphia's historic Old City neighborhood is the only one in the country that doesn't fly a U.S. flag. That's because there wasn't one in 1775, when Franklin founded what has evolved into today's Postal Service.

There's also a postal museum upstairs from the so-called B. Free Franklin Post Office, located in a house once owned by Franklin. It opened as a U.S. post office in 1975, the 200th anniversary of Franklin's appointment by the Continental Congress as the country's first postmaster general.

After an office is placed on the list of potential closures, the community served by that office will have 60 days to file their comments. If an office is to be closed, appeals will be heard by the independent Postal Regulatory Commission.

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110727/NEWS06/307279960/-1/RSS01

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have made a suggestion on a special presidential website to quit printing social security checks and some others and have the recipients establish accounts where their money can be deposited. They print millions of checks per month and there isn't any reason most of them couldn't be changed to bank accounts and debit cards. These people, many of whom are homebound anyway, wouldn't have to go to the post office or even their mailbox for that matter. They could pay most of their bills either online, over the phone or through automatic withdrawals. With many post offices earmarked for closure it makes even more sense to use cards instead of mail. I'm sure there is a lot of gas burned up just going to pick up checks every month and now some will have to drive even further.
(say nothing about having to deal with over 3,000 teed-off postal workers!)

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tax cuts will happen
post offices will close and a whole lot more
they need to cut waste

country will feel the pain and it comes down to individual pain also

C

Cappy Z.

I wish someone...anyone..would start a campaign to CUT CONGRESS' SALARIES BY 50%.....ALL OF THEM.

98% of all laws already exist....why the hell' do they get full pay? I say cut THEIR funding!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
I wish someone...anyone..would start a campaign to CUT CONGRESS' SALARIES BY 50%.....ALL OF THEM.

98% of all laws already exist....why the hell' do they get full pay? I say cut THEIR funding!
It'll never happen, the average American Joe doesn't have the common sense to come out of the rain nor the money to buy an umbrella. As far as the USPS goes, I think they should all close down and postal services, it should be a private run business. The US Gov. can't even wipe their arses cost effectively. Think about it. Government equals waste. Politicians equal personal agenda,(what can you do to fill my pockets?).

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPS & federal express should start
a mail delivery service.

soon be cheaper to use them anyway

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the Postmaster General should take a pay cut,CNN reported awhile back that the top 3 people in charge of the mail,get over $1 million a year each. :dontknow:

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
I read an article a few months back about the USPS. We have about 38,000 post offices in the US. Each one (depending on size) has either a post master or a manager. I own a cabin in northern WI that has small towns (50 to 250 residents) and these towns are 5, 6, up to 10 miles apart and everyone of them have a post office. They get the mail delivered and dropped of every day. Some one manages these building, cleans them, repairs them, cuts the grass, shovels the snow. I would like to know why we need a post office in every little town throughout America. Every one of the employees are paid quite well, draw a government pension and have amazing medical. How much did the USPS loose last year? I believe it was 8 or 9 billion. How many years in a row have they lost 7 to 9 billion? We as a country can not continue to throw away that amount of money.

S

stefen

The Feds are making it mandatory for all SSI payments to be direct deposit and are phasing out mailing checks...

If you see writing on the wall...it's Obammy's...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions