post question

OP
OP
G

gus

Oct 15, 2004
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
this is the message i get when i try and upload a photo jpeg by the way

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attaching pictures

Good Morning Gus,
I am NO expert with posting however I've found I need to be logged in to post, I need to click on the "Reply to Thread" area, then click on go advanced, in the upper "tool box" click on the "insert image" icon, click on browse to locate your picture, load it, have the cursor in the correct location (like I did not so it is showing at the start of this note), click download and it should work. The picture is a water flow chart I use to understand what the dickens is going on with rivers in the sierras.

195_9563.JPG Note I just found out I can drag the picture so I relocated it to this new position. :hello:
I hope this helps but if not then check the Frequently Asked Questions area or contact one of the Administrators..........63bkpkr

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First like 63 asked are you logged in, next what forum are you trying to post in? Are you trying to post to an existing thread or start one, if you trying to post to an existing thread, you may be accidently clicking on the link to someones post which will deny you as you do not have mod privilages....

Give us a little more info and I will see if I can help you...

OP
OP
G

gus

Oct 15, 2004
i am connected and logged on. i am trying to post in beach hunting section. when i attempt to download the photo i have picked i get the message i copied in the second post i did. the crazy thing i have posted photos before without problems. maybe its because i am on a mac right now. no real idea.

OP
OP
G

gus

Oct 15, 2004
ok obviously i can post. i just attempted to do it again. when i clicked the attachment icon above the text i was writing i got a box where i choose image to upload. did that and when i clicked upload image i get the message i copied in post two. ideas?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked, I also had problem uploading so it isnt just you, I have a post on the Mod forum about it, but will have to wait for a response from admin. Till then you could use "Photo Bucket, it is a free hosting site. YOu save the picutre there and past the link, picture will appear here....

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Picture below is by using photobucket, I just post the hotlink picture appears here...

Miata4.jpg

OP
OP
G

gus

Oct 15, 2004
thanks. good to know its not just me. i will use your suggestion if they don't get this glitch fixed

OP
OP
G

gus

Oct 15, 2004
i set up the photo bucket account but I am not sure where to go after that. I see various options on how to post the photo but they all appear to be links that you need to click on instead of a photo on the post. specifically which one do i use. i don't want to post a bunch of similar posts so i can figure out which way to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread