Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I posted this one yet but I bought a Colt Ace 1911 .22 target pistol box complete with the receipt, instructions and the factory 5 shot target signed by the inspector who shot the first 5 shots.

Sold for 125.00 to a collector buddy and I cut him a break because he buys anything colt related without much hassle/price haggling.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I posted this one yet but I bought a Colt Ace 1911 .22 target pistol box complete with the receipt, instructions and the factory 5 shot target signed by the inspector who shot the first 5 shots.

Sold for 125.00 to a collector buddy and I cut him a break because he buys anything colt related without much hassle/price haggling.
You realize you literally gave that away at that price? Did you do any research at all before coming to such a price?

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I did. If it was a .45 it would of been worth much more but the .22 models don't command such a high price. People always look at me strange when they are buying odd and ends and I'm buying old empty boxes.

I gave him a deal because he's a consistent buyer and hardly ever balks at my prices, no matter how close to market price their are.

I will only mention this now since it's not sold but I also have a Colt Pipe-o-Dor tobacco safe/pipe stand made of Colt Rock plastic. I only paid 1.00.......but yet to sell it because it's not something my usual buyer wants.

kaczor777

Mar 1, 2013
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Currently using Garrett AT Pro. Soon switching to XP Deus
Hey guys,
I found this Art Deco brooch at a car boot sale (yard sale for Americans ) last weekend and picked it up for £15 ($25) from this young lady who was selling her mothers 'junk' as she called it. I bought it more for the great looks and my fascination into this art movement. When I came home it was when I found out the brooch was diamonds and emeralds set in platinum which is great as I'm only 15 and its my first 'real' buy. I then went to my dads friend who's a jeweller and he priced it at £1300-1400 which is just phenomenal. I won't be selling it for sure but I wanted to share it with you guys.

K.G

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429727653.794742.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429727653.794742.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 177
  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429727673.445591.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429727673.445591.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 151
  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429727691.559640.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429727691.559640.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 170

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I found this Art Deco brooch at a car boot sale (yard sale for Americans ) last weekend and picked it up for £15 ($25) from this young lady who was selling her mothers 'junk' as she called it. I bought it more for the great looks and my fascination into this art movement. When I came home it was when I found out the brooch was diamonds and emeralds set in platinum which is great as I'm only 15 and its my first 'real' buy. I then went to my dads friend who's a jeweller and he priced it at £1300-1400 which is just phenomenal. I won't be selling it for sure but I wanted to share it with you guys. K.G

I have your matching bracelet.

image-2472035878.jpg

kaczor777

Mar 1, 2013
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Yeah it's similar as they are both typical Art Deco items ( diamonds and emeralds with a white metal which is rarely silver or white gold or platinum) however your one is probably what looks like white gold and not platinum but still a beautiful piece.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,
I found this Art Deco brooch at a car boot sale (yard sale for Americans ) last weekend and picked it up for £15 ($25) from this young lady who was selling her mothers 'junk' as she called it. I bought it more for the great looks and my fascination into this art movement. When I came home it was when I found out the brooch was diamonds and emeralds set in platinum which is great as I'm only 15 and its my first 'real' buy. I then went to my dads friend who's a jeweller and he priced it at £1300-1400 which is just phenomenal. I won't be selling it for sure but I wanted to share it with you guys.

K.G

I will give you one no two euro and one damaged mercury dime for it.

kaczor777

Mar 1, 2013
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Hahahaha very not funny. Taking the piss out of a teen is not cool man. Just because you know nothing about it doesn't mean it's worth nothing!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha very not funny. Taking the piss out of a teen is not cool man. Just because you know nothing about it doesn't mean it's worth nothing!

That was meant to funny. Sorry you took it the wrong way. It was my way of saying great find.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

K.G
Stunning brooch! However, this thread is for $1 or less finds and what they eventually sold for. I think your piece deserves a thread of it's own.

On a side note, it's good to see a young person interested in art deco era jewelry and the like.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright so I went to the thrift store and when he was putting out jewelry I picked out 13 pieces that were each marked one dollar. I just sold the first one last night it was a mash triangle babe necklace by waiting and Davis and it sold for $25 with three dollar shipping. There was three pieces of gold those I'm keeping one thing ended up being nothing special like I thought it was. And I listed the rest last night. Of an average of $30/ item.

image-178754128.jpg

Last edited:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...great find. Why so much? I see another one listed for $29. Condition?
I don't really know :dontknow:. I think that this book was one of the first ones she wrote and it was written during the War Years(WWII). Maybe there weren't many of them printed?
Here's what it said inside the back cover:
IMG_8061 (853x1280).jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy up the $30 one and auction that too. Email all the bidders that didn't win you have another copy :) Nice score on the book my goodness!

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread