Post your 10/3/2015 Club Hunt Finds

Hard to tell on the lead item. Could be a lot of things. Cant really tell anything from the pics.
Flattened bullet, bale seal, etc.
I would tooth-pick the buckle, then maybe rinse with soap, and then soak in oil, if that isn't good enough I would then throw it in the tumbler.
Here is a good link on toothpicking buttons I shared with muerte. I use this technique on a lot of items.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/cleaning-preservation/89045-how-clean-buttons.html
Here is a good link I started about pinpointers, it may help you decide which one to get if you are shopping for one. I don't leave home without mine. I actually keep a spare in my truck for emergencies, lol.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...-pointers-so-little-time-what-do-you-use.html

I bought a Garrett a pro pointer and it's been decent. Bought a Makro pointer earlier in the year when I attended a class on the Deus and a couple of vendors were there one with the Makro. It's quite sensitive, adjustable and waterproof. My biggest issue with it is it's loud...draws a lot of attention if you are in a quiet area with other folks around....but I would buy it again...

Cecil

That Makro PP looks interesting. I have a variety of them, but I prefer the TRX. I did have to send it off for repair once.

Here are the rest of my finds from the 10/3/2015 hunt:
The two 50 caliber casings on the top are for size comparison
Notice the stripper clip below the spoon. Could this be a WW1 Gewehr 98 Stripper clip?
misc_finds_10_3_2015.jpg

Last edited:
I like that spoon, any-chance it has US markings on it?

View attachment 1220867
Notice the stripper clip below the spoon. Could this be a WW1 Gewehr 98 Stripper clip?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sounds like a good hunt! I'll try to make it down for the next one if I can and you'll let me! :tongue3:

Cleaning up some other finds from the 10/3/2015 club hunt and noticed this jewel:
universal_valve.jpg
It was missing the top part of the cover, so I did not know what it was (and it was covered in dirt).

That's a lot of brass. Definitely looks like a stripper clip, but from what I don't know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back