OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
DeepseekerADS, very cute. Mine have helped drop my blood pressure.

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
DeepseekerADS, very cute. Mine have helped drop my blood pressure. She have claws ?

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone for posting pictures of your pets. They all look "Special" and have places in our hearts. They give us love, happiness, and devotion. In return we offer them the same as well as a place of safety for the rest of their lives. Again, thank you to all who have posted your pet pictures and you should be proud of them.:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
DeepseekerADS, very cute. Mine have helped drop my blood pressure. She have claws ?

He has his claws. There's no way I'd do anything like that to a friend. Nobody will sleep on that mattress and box springs after I pass anyway :laughing7:

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That is cute DeepseekerADS, sorry, I don't know why I assumed it was a female. :notworthy:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
786F3FCB-DEB3-4B0F-9521-C2D38B71A643.jpeg

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cute Iffy Signals. They are meant to be pampered. Mine all or were rescues and you just never knew what kind of life they had before, so I try to make them as happy as comfortable as I can. We receive so much from them. Is yours a male or female, and his/her name ?

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a chance to meet TH's parrots several years ago. They are absolutely awesome! The red one climbed all over me :notworthy:
========
I am intrigued because of the life span. I get to attached and then my companions pass, birds live for so long that they would outlast me. What are the drawbacks of parrots ?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
========
I am intrigued because of the life span. I get to attached and then my companions pass, birds live for so long that they would outlast me. What are the drawbacks of parrots ?

My African Grey...Is Still In My Trust! LOL! He passed a couple of years ago...I'd had him for almost 30yrs, never been sick, huge vocabulary in many voices.

He somehow caught a virus, the Dr thought..(I didn't have an autopsy done on him)late on a Saturday Night and I called his Dr who told me to bring him in Sunday morning at 7am..He died 15 minutes later in my hand leaning against my chest. He coughed/sneezed and just died. It about killed me.. he was like a kid.

I still can't get over not hearing him talking and laughing.

Kace

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
My African Grey...Is Still In My Trust! LOL! He passed a couple of years ago...I'd had him for almost 30yrs, never been sick, huge vocabulary in many voices.

He somehow caught a virus, the Dr thought..(I didn't have an autopsy done on him)late on a Saturday Night and I called his Dr who told me to bring him in Sunday morning at 7am..He died 15 minutes later in my hand leaning against my chest. He coughed/sneezed and just died. It about killed me.. he was like a kid.

I still can't get over not hearing him talking and laughing.

Kace
==========
I am so sorry Kace. You are correct in them being like our children and especially after 30 years, lots of memories. Sad he passed in your arms, but then again, what better place. Just makes you feel helpless wondering what else could you have done or did differently. Every day I think about Simon and Max and the what if's. When Simon was put asleep they had to trim the hair from his ankle in order to put the needle in. I have kept that patch of hair and look at it each morning when I get up. With Max, I trimmed off some of his pretty hair and keep it next to Simon's so I can see each day also.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skunks are bad mojo, for sure. Here's one method of de-stinking your pup..

https://thekitchensgarden.com/2012/07/23/how-to-wash-skunk-stink-off-your-dog/

Skunks, like Raccoons, have young ones right now, and "good feeding ground" is
highly protected turf for moms. In addition, winter is on it's way and critters are eating
everything in sight, hoping to put on as much weight as possible before the cold weather hits.

Not to poke my nose into family business, but could you ask your daughter to
tell Chris to put his BB gun away? That skunk is just doing what a skunk does,
and shooting it over and over with a BB gun is just torturing the poor thing.
If ya gotta kill one then use a shotgun or a .22, and be done with it. One shot
and done.

Skunks are also quite susceptible to rabies if it is in the area. Folks that don't
want visiting critters should never feed their animals outside (even an empty
dog food bowl has enough stink to bring 'em around).

They aren't difficult to live trap, but check with your local game warden
to see what is legal and what's not. Some states do not allow relocation
of city-fied critters to the wild due to all the disease's they can carry
from being in the city.

Another way to get rid of the skunk smell is fresh tomatoes, squeeze and rub.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
==========
I am so sorry Kace. You are correct in them being like our children and especially after 30 years, lots of memories. Sad he passed in your arms, but then again, what better place. Just makes you feel helpless wondering what else could you have done or did differently. Every day I think about Simon and Max and the what if's. When Simon was put asleep they had to trim the hair from his ankle in order to put the needle in. I have kept that patch of hair and look at it each morning when I get up. With Max, I trimmed off some of his pretty hair and keep it next to Simon's so I can see each day also.

Thank You Simon! I'm sorry for your losses too. That's nice you kept some of their hair.

It hurts so bad losing Any of them...This hit me differently due to his talking so well. African Greys will talk in the exact same voice they heard a person say things...Like for instance, I stayed at my parents while work was being done at my home and EVERY Morning at 5:30am (ugh) My Dad would come down the hall and say 'Time To Get Up...Breakfast Is About Ready'...He also would stay with them when I traveled a lot.. They loved him.

My father passed away and Still..Every Morning at 5:30am I heard my father saying 'Time To Get Up..etc'. He sang in My Mothers voice. At 10:30pm After the news, in one of their voices he'd say 'Well, Time to go to bed'.

He talked in so many voices including grandparents and other family and friends, some of who had died. Having him talking in their voices made them still there in some way. It's hard for humans sometimes to remember voices of those who've died...He remembered Every One. He called the dogs and cats by name, knew his name and mine, his address and phone number...I could go on and on.

I'd always wanted one and my Grandmother had called me to come over to her house one day. She says, we're not going to be here for another 50yrs, but I want you to remember us and how much we love you. She handed me an envelope of money and a cassette tape and says..Go Buy That African Grey you've wanted and play this tape for him after he learns to talk.

So I did...And I thought after going to the vet, he very easily could outlive me and his Dr said that I better make arrangements for him in the event I died before him. I did, but since he passed first I've not taken it out. I should do that I guess since I made provisions for him.

YOUNG Parrots are not for middle aged people unless there is someone that they and the bird know that's younger. Parrot rescue organizations are good places.

Some friends of mine have a Macaw and they are divorcing..The bird hates him, but he's fighting her in court for custody. He's a jerk.. doesn't care what the bird wants.

Kace

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's our three rescue dogs. Taking a break from the daily excitement .
=======
Good looking group you have dirt doctor. Looks like they have their territory all staked out. :notworthy:

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That would be very tough, and emotional having someone talk in the exact tone and words as a family member who passed. At certain times that would be so nice, but at certain times, so painful. But, hearing the voices of the loved ones who passed would certainly help in keeping those fond memories even fonder.

Unfortunately, divorce can bring out the worst. I have heard of wive's fighting to get the husbands beloved car and only then to sell it to someone for a couple dollars for revenge. Pets should never be placed in that kind of situation in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread