Posted on behalf of my friend Gary Rick from East London South Africa True Story

Africa

Apr 27, 2008
Queenstown South Africa
:hello:First of all Gary and I have been friends for many years, Gary is really mad about metal detecting when it comes to metal detecting, he goes out hunting every day, I mean every day, his wife does not mind, she at least gets time to do her own things.

Gary hunts mostly on the beaches, however he has also been to Theiland a few times as well and this is where he has also found some of these items.

When Gary and I first went out hunting on the beaches, Gary used to walk in front of me with some old antique machine, not finding much, then I used to walk behind him and dig the holes, with everything that his old machine did not pick up :icon_scratch: :headbang: Gary used to get really upset with me, thus he took the "punch" and bought himself a new Excalibur 2, well we do not find much on the beaches anymore i wonder why,:laughing7: Gary even bought another Excalibur 2 for s friend of his Brian, but the guy took some white paint and painted this brand new machine white.
Really looks ugly now.:tongue3:

I have posted a few pic's of what Gary has found over the years, items that I drool at, some of the rings he does not show in this display case.
Some he has melted down and made some gifts for his wife, Gary has 2 Liter dishes of coins that he has found, he finds so many coins, the rusted ones he throughs over the fence at his home into the bush, there must be hundreds of coins over the fence.

Will post some more pic's as well.

If anybody wishes to contact me they can do so at [email protected]

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_7517.JPG
    IMG_7517.JPG
    902.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_7518.JPG
    IMG_7518.JPG
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_7519.JPG
    IMG_7519.JPG
    951.9 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_7523.JPG
    IMG_7523.JPG
    895 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Africa

Africa

Apr 27, 2008
Queenstown South Africa
Some more items that Gary Rieck has found as well

Sometimes I think that Gary will dig his own grave sometime, he just loves digging, I have been out with him hunting on the beaches until 1am in the morning, nothing keeps him away, not even the rain, why worry about a little water when you have a underwater Excalibur to hunt with hey?

Enjoy the pic and there is even one pic of Gary Oh he does not have a shirt on again, he goes hunting like this as well, not sure why, maybe to get a better sun tan and attract the ladies sunbathing on the beach hey? :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_7526.JPG
    IMG_7526.JPG
    772.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_7530.JPG
    IMG_7530.JPG
    883.2 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_7531.JPG
    IMG_7531.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_7529.JPG
    IMG_7529.JPG
    834.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_7537.JPG
    IMG_7537.JPG
    1,005 KB · Views: 322

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!:occasion14:

Dit is vondste van groot skoonheid!

elizabethjw

May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!:occasion14:

Dit is vondste van groot skoonheid!

Some he has melted down and made some gifts for his wife, Gary has 2 Liter dishes of coins that he has found, he finds so many coins, the rusted ones he throughs over the fence at his home into the bush, there must be hundreds of coins over the fence.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ek vind hierdie wonderlike. ek is lief vir wat hy nalaat items vir diegene wat in die toekoms te ontdek!

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Africa: Although I hate to judge before all the facts are in, I would say that Gary has paid for his machine ...

:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread