Posting a "prospector will help you find gold on your land" ad on Craigslist

nickinCA

Apr 15, 2009
Posting a "prospector will help you find gold on your land" ad on Craigslist

Just posted one of these only reply so far is a scam, but i have theory that private land will have more gold than blm or forest service land will because it probably will not have been prospected as much. So just interested to know if anyone else has put there own prospecting ad on craigslist and had it work.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nickinCA

Apr 15, 2009
Re: Posting a "prospector will help you find gold on your land" ad on Craigslist

Thanks for the reply and advice. I think I'm going to do it quick like you said and just do it quick. I'm expecting to make a huge find or something so i hope that will go ok. Do you sell the gold first then split the money with the landowner i was going to just give them their gold so they could do what they liked.

easom

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2008
Boise Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2, BH Landstar, BH Discovery 2000
Re: Posting a "prospector will help you find gold on your land" ad on Craigslist

I have posted an ad for a place to prospect and offered 1/2 to the land owner and the ad has been flagged every time. I tried it a few ways but the only one that worked was asking for black sands that had all the gold removed already. I wanted to see how much gold others were leaving behind. I got a couple responses in the first hour. One guy gave me a gallon and a half of black sands and I recovered two penny weights of gold from it. I asked him later where he got the cons and he told me where. It was a public area right off the road in Idaho and it is open to recreational mining. I have been there a few times and did pretty well. I will post some pics here and at idahoprospectingsupply.info CODY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread