Pot Head Detectorist

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Proud Washington resident-to me, herb is like your American Express card...Don't leave home without it!!!:)
(And if you do, there are surely some good safe spots to go refuel!)
In reference to the original statement of can you MD on THC? Sure, if you want to.
I enjoy quiet time by the river with my Herb and my Bazooka Sluices, it's a relationship made in heaven!!
Cheers!

Jesse: It's long overdue for us spend some time at one of my favorite little creeks...
eyebrows.gif~original

For those of you that enjoy some variety, here's a little ....

Blackberry 071708 011-2.jpg

That is "Blackberry Dream", and while you can't scratch-n-sniff, if you did stick
your nose in the middle of that it would smell just like fresh blackberry jam.
I often called it "bud light", as it tasted awesome (just like blackberry pie!), but
never had much of a kick to it. Made for a great smoke for dessert!
Hungry_plant_zpsvhocp62a.gif~original

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse: It's long overdue for us spend some time at one of my favorite little creeks...
eyebrows.gif~original

For those of you that enjoy some variety, here's a little Wa. home-grown.

View attachment 1339229

That is "Blackberry Dream", and while you can't scratch-n-sniff, if you did stick
I often called it "bud light", as it tasted awesome (just like blackberry pie!), but

Cool, totally cool........

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
eyebrows.gif~original

For those of you that enjoy some variety, here's a little Wa. home-grown.

View attachment 1339229

Dizzy! How the heck are ya!! Jake and angela and I were kinda up in your neck last weekend for the first dredge trip of the year...didn't go so well as the road was no longer there, we we went to the bridge that you and Phil took us to with the cool worm fossils and panned a little sand there. We need to head out soon mike!! Lemme know when you are feeling up to it, I'd love to spend some time with you!!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the all-time great threads here. I don't toke, but if its your thing, toke away and be safe.

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea Jeff I agree with you. I would jump off a bridge than smoke the crap seen to much of it on the streets and what it really does to people. Media and pro pot crap online and tv always try to portray it as so good for you and so much better than booze. All you gotta do is look the big problems in Colorado now. My view on it is if you wanna smoke it go right ahead but you better not do it around me or my family or operate anything bigger than your electric toothbrush.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea Jeff I agree with you. I would jump off a bridge than smoke the crap seen to much of it on the streets and what it really does to people. Media and pro pot crap online and tv always try to portray it as so good for you and so much better than booze. All you gotta do is look the big problems in Colorado now. My view on it is if you wanna smoke it go right ahead but you better not do it around me or my family or operate anything bigger than your electric toothbrush.

I personally would not know very much more than what I have read here; but something such as a plant with propaganda and hype normally is based on facts.

About the only fact I know is that I have never seen it on any crime scene I have been on before, normally the folks I deal with stick with stuff that is really hardcore and helps them with feeling bullet proof. Pretty sure pot does not do that.

But who knows.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pot defiantly does not make you feel bullet proof..

DT2016

Last edited:

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marijuana goes very well with metal detecting and fishing

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well alrighty then paco, tell us how you really feel. I hear that Reefer Madness is playing at your local theater this weekend. Best film out there for your type of thinker. Drink it up brother.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason, I feel, them ppl kenpod is talking about, would have their "issues" with or without the "pots".

I remember there was a congressman or rep, he got cancer and the dr gave him the thc pills. He said one pill would wipe him out for an entire day, he hated them. One day, his teenage sons friend was at the house and he gave the man a joint. Told him to light it, just do a puff or 2, no more, lay it down, do same thing next day.
I forget who the man is, but, the next thing you know, he is advocating, medical pot use.
He had an actual firsthand experience, that showed him different, than what he had always thought.
Just a thought......

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thread! I've only read the past couple pages.....Cool subject...You guys that think pot itself cause people to ruin their lives may have only seen the bad sides of it. There are extremes. The Hype and trouble it causes people is usually about money. I don't smoke, I have less than a dozen times in my whole life.Just because it wasn't my thing, but have pounded some alcohol at different times!:laughing7: But have had many friends that did daily. And you would never know! Some of them were very successful in life!! Like Pattekkercat said, The person that smokes pot and is "worthless" was going to be anyhow. Both sides of the extreme end of this coin are creating hype. Yes, I've worked around people running equipment that shouldn't have, then others that were fine because they were so use to it. Some jobs I've worked at? You would have to be high to work there day in and day out for years. :laughing7:

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Just because Dupont and Hearst didn't want the competition doesn't make weed evil. It has medicated millions for centuries.
Moderation with all things may be key so my suggestion would be to try vaping instead of inhaling combusted plant material. Better in the long run for your lungs (I'm a retired Inhalation Therapist).
Vaping also makes it far more stealth and private. Without blowing smoke into other's faces, So-to-speak..

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because Dupont and Hearst didn't want the competition doesn't make weed evil. It has medicated millions for centuries.
Moderation with all things may be key so my suggestion would be to try vaping instead of inhaling combusted plant material. Better in the long run for your lungs (I'm a retired Inhalation Therapist).
Vaping also makes it far more stealth and private. Without blowing smoke into other's faces, So-to-speak..

A lot of the pills prescribed by the millions are more of a problem. That kind of gets brushed under the rug though.....Just listen to the list of "possible" side effects on any commercial. I have seen people close to me destroy their lives on Prescription pills. Whether legal or illegally obtained. I guess there are extremes in everything. But who is to tell us what we can put in our bodies or not? Drink gas for all I care! :laughing7: Doesn't mean I want to do it! But I would support that Right. :laughing7:

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiva chocolate bar is the tastiest pill I have ever taken, lol.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of the pills prescribed by the millions are more of a problem. That kind of gets brushed under the rug though.....Just listen to the list of "possible" side effects on any commercial. I have seen people close to me destroy their lives on Prescription pills. Whether legal or illegally obtained. I guess there are extremes in everything. But who is to tell us what we can put in our bodies or not? Drink gas for all I care! :laughing7: Doesn't mean I want to do it! But I would support that Right. :laughing7:

Everyone has a right to be wrong,but....it's not right to be wrong.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddies band just finished their last set and he was chatting with a cop and told him that he doesn't drink but loves his herb.
The cop didn't care (it's still illegal here) about Mary Jane and said that the only issue there should be is driving under the influence BUT.....
He thinks that should only apply to those who haven't smoked in months and then smoke up and get right ripped and drive that car.
The cop looked at my buddy (dreadlocks down to his feet) and said "those who smoke all the time such as yourself, are completely capable to operate a vehicle."
He also said that there's a simple blood test to determine if your a regular pot smoker, which would make you exempt from any "driving under the influence charges."
I agree! To those here that are so dead against pot.....
It's common to fear that which you do not understand!
Peace.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddies band just finished their last set and he was chatting with a cop and told him that he doesn't drink but loves his herb.
The cop didn't care (it's still illegal here) about Mary Jane and said that the only issue there should be is driving under the influence BUT.....
He thinks that should only apply to those who haven't smoked in months and then smoke up and get right ripped and drive that car.
The cop looked at my buddy (dreadlocks down to his feet) and said "those who smoke all the time such as yourself, are completely capable to operate a vehicle."
He also said that there's a simple blood test to determine if your a regular pot smoker, which would make you exempt from any "driving under the influence charges."
I agree! To those here that are so dead against pot.....
It's common to fear that which you do not understand!
Peace.

Put someone behind the wheel that has never smoked a cig! Then give them a cig! It's not as extreme but the head spin could cause a prob.....A mild example but same Idea...

I've ridden with guys in the past that were better drivers under the influence of alcohol, not falling down drunk but buzzed...They would get a Dui or DWI,(or what ever they call it now) if pulled over, but were fine drivers....I know people will argue this to no end, but I've been there and done it, motorcycles, cars,four wheelers, etc.. There is a limit though! I would never anymore because I don't need the trouble.That and I really don't drink much anymore. And if bad judgement... one time is all it takes. That really depends on the person too!!! My wife can't drive sober!! :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I doubt that will be the case here, coming soon to Michigan, and possibly my county: roadside drug testing via saliva test.

Michigan State Police picking counties for roadside drug testing pilot | MLive.com

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there is any relation between accidents and drivers who have marijuana in their system. I think this strip test could be liabelous for the departments involved based on this last statement- The law instructs the MSP to conduct a pilot program meant to establish policies in the area of roadside drug analysis, Banner said, and to make a determination of the accuracy and reliability of the tests.

It sounds to me as if they don't even know if they work correctly or not. Shouldn't these "things" have already been determined prior to it's use on the public? Then you have the problem of marijuana being in someones system because they smoked a week ago or maybe they just flew in from Colorado that morning. How does this allow the law to arrest someone on the sole basis of testing positive for marijuana in their system? Unless this strip only detects it if it was ingested in the last 2 hours. Even then the effects of marijuana can't be compared to the effects of alcohol or many prescription drugs. Apples and oranges.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think there is any relation between accidents and drivers who have marijuana in their system. I think this strip test could be liabelous for the departments involved based on this last statement- The law instructs the MSP to conduct a pilot program meant to establish policies in the area of roadside drug analysis, Banner said, and to make a determination of the accuracy and reliability of the tests.

It sounds to me as if they don't even know if they work correctly or not. Shouldn't these "things" have already been determined prior to it's use on the public? Then you have the problem of marijuana being in someones system because they smoked a week ago or maybe they just flew in from Colorado that morning. How does this allow the law to arrest someone on the sole basis of testing positive for marijuana in their system? Unless this strip only detects it if it was ingested in the last 2 hours. Even then the effects of marijuana can't be compared to the effects of alcohol or many prescription drugs. Apples and oranges.

If there was a flawless field testing program then it would not be in the hands of beat cops and cruisers, as they often have interpretation that benefit them and theirs only.

Such systems as BS, sort of like using a laser on a weapon, yes it is OK for fast target acquisition, but really best for mind games and playing a person before you finish. These test kits are all the same, high percent of false positives with BS reports backing them written by Veteran Officers who embellish and perceive their so called professionally developed skills more so on if they got laid before their shift or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread