Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be curious to know how crime statistics have changed in those states since the legalization of smoking then metal detecting.

It would probably be legal in many more states if the stoners remembered to go vote that day. I don't use it but am a little dazed and confused as to why it hasn't been legalized more just for the taxation contribution.

Wait, does this mean it is more legal to smoke the herb than to metal detect in some places in those states?

(I inhaled but I didn't smoke. I just did it again, and again, and again. I must be an addict.)

Well, here in OR you can't smoke herb in public, while driving etc.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha, good one. Nope. It was 3:20 in Texas.

Although, had I thought about it......

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess it's an inside joke?? Btw, 3:20 in MN as well.

420, 4:20, or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is a code-term that refers to the consumption of cannabis, especially smoking cannabis around the time 4:20 p.m. and smoking and celebrating cannabis on the date April 20 (4/20)

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a 420 right about now! Been at work since 6am and being held over "until further notice"!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My dad loved his martini's right at Five O'Clock...and once in a while
he'd have one earlier, claiming..."It's got to be five o'clock somewhere!

Went to a legal retail outlet yesterday, and for the first time ever, I bought
myself 1 legal gram of Tangerine Dream.

7:20 here, but the "World Clock" site says it's 4:20 in Honolulu......
kos.gif~original

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
420, 4:20, or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is a code-term that refers to the consumption of cannabis, especially smoking cannabis around the time 4:20 p.m. and smoking and celebrating cannabis on the date April 20 (4/20)

Great ,now John Deere four twenties just went up more in value ...and I ain't got one. No ..not the riding mowers.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't care what anyone does but I thought this was a metal detecting forum. I am sure there are many other places to discuss pot

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"Thread: Pot Head Detectorist"

That doesn't fit here?? Also, have seen LOTS of posts from people who, like me, have chronic pain that we will deal with for the rest of our lives. I seem to be allergic to most of the medications - especially the newer stuff. ...Not that I'll ever try this approach, but is something I would VERY MUCH like to keep in mind - especially when I'm trying to decide what is actually "good" and "bad" about it. Reading these comments has caused me to "lighten up" a bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much against illegal drugs. I'm also against people using public land for hunting, ATV's, MDing, etc. if that land is posted for no access. Does that mean I agree with the law? No. It means I respect the law. So the conversation, for "me", is enlightening, as I don't make a habit of associating with others who use pot. ...Actually, I don't make a habit of associating with anyone! :laughing9:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care what anyone does but I thought this was a metal detecting forum. I am sure there are many other places to
discuss pot

Well actually it's a "treasure hunting" forum hence the name.
If you notice the sub forums....music, photography, food, eBay, thrift stores, dumpster diving....Prospecting, shipwrecks, just take a look for your self! Comedy, garage sales, artifacts, paranormal...and the political forum.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well actually it's a "treasure hunting" forum hence the name.
If you notice the sub forums....music, photography, food, eBay, thrift stores, dumpster diving....Prospecting, shipwrecks, just take a look for your self! Comedy, garage sales, artifacts, paranormal...and the political forum.

Hmmm... perhaps a Marijuana forum is in order... :P

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... perhaps a Marijuana forum is in order... :P

Well it's legal here in Oregon!!:headbang:
RJC (the man the myth the legend...) Started Tonight's Cocktail...And the Oregon Viking...Have you met that guy? started What's on the menu tonight.
Both threads have slowed down....... randomly....

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Illegal here. Everything's illegal here. Guns, knives, pepper spray, tazers etc

Sent by carrier pigeon

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't care what anyone does but I thought this was a metal detecting forum. I am sure there are many other places to discuss pot

Well it does have something to do with metal detecting, as the person was metal detecting. I am sure you read that part though. Many users post MDing stories in here, all having something to do with MDing.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm pretty sure these guys use pot, and it's metal detecting.

Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 7.07.30 PM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread