Pottery shards

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Everyones finds inspired me to do a quick hunt. Not a lot of coral/flint in this part of Florida. I was hoping for some shell tools. Pottery is very common at any hammock on the St. John's River. I don't find many with these detailed decorations. Most is just sand tempered plain stuff I seldom bother to pick up. 20190421_082617.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fingernail design on the left one?

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fingernail design on the left one?
Not sure about the fingernail thing but it does look that way. I find pottery here in Fl almost always. I still haven't studied it much. Experts can tell which time period it is from by how it is made & the designs on it. I have a piece somewhere with with what I think is a a thumb print. I'll get around to looking for it some day.

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
NCPeaches I have that site favored on my computer, visit it often. I have many points and shards I only have logged as where when I found them. Now that I don't hunt much, I am IDing then for my grandson Mr. Newman I do not have or know anyone in my area that have a point, you have taken the name of . I think Newmans made of coral are so beautiful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread