Potting Shed Now Country Store

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
If you guys remember we were busy working on our potting shed...http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,92312.0.html

So over the 4th we drove 100 miles and pick up the tin we needed from a barn that had been torn down for our roof...free :D.... we began building on the back side of the shed last week and finally got it roofed this past weekend...We are trying to make it look like an old country store /gas station from the 30's.....Are far from finished , but slowly getting there....The girls and I were able to sit on the porch and watch it storm over the lake last night....ahhhhh....the raindrops hitting the tin roof ...was so ....deafening... :D ....We are having so much fun doing this ....neighbor donated the old funeral No Parking sign. Have the inside packed with old store items and table and chairs for the girls to play games....it suddenly has became the neighborhood kids "Hot Spot" to hang out....They all love it .....LOL....

Attachments

• Gs1.JPG
    Gs1.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 2 what a mess.JPG
    2 what a mess.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 377
  • porch.JPG
    porch.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 411
  • P2.JPG
    P2.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 365
  • p3.JPG
    p3.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 384
  • p5.JPG
    p5.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 415

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Incredible! Of course they all want to hang out there!! I want to as well! lol What a great project and it is turning out great! Thanks for sharing it with us pretty lady!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Gypsy,

That is an awesome idea and a fantastic way of bonding with the girls! Just out of curiosity, why did you decide on the 30's timeframe? Although that was way before my time, I like the idea of that timeframe. Thanks for sharing this project with us.
--Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I decided on the thirties because I grew up watching the Waltons and love that era...everything was so simple then....and I love all the old time small town stores where you could buy everything from peanut butter to bear traps....LOL...Plus it helped that everything I find seems to be from the 30's...The entire porch was built for free except the nails and the joist hangers...all the neighbors donated their left overwood...a neighbor ripped his garage apart so I was able to get all his 2x8's and 2x4's...yeehaw I like free...everything else was salvaged from somewhere.....All the games in the place are old time also...checkers,chinese marbles ,etc....and the kids love it. The girls and I are are so proud that we did this without any help on labor.....We really learned how to cut roof angles and trial by err....but its standing! :D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
It's more than standing Gypsy...it's great! You and the girls have done really well in your project.

Now, would the three of you be interested in redoing my pool house?...unlimited swimming ;D

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
wesfrye53 said:
It's more than standing Gypsy...it's great! You and the girls have done really well in your project.

Now, would the three of you be interested in redoing my pool house?...unlimited swimming ;D

Only if you cook some of that chicken and bean salad also... :).

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Great idea and terrific results.You can see the thought and labor to achieve itCongratulations to the three of you.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
warsawdaddy said:
Great idea and terrific results.You can see the thought and labor to achieve itCongratulations to the three of you.

Thanks ....Now I need more stuff...so if everyone could just bring me an old time sign to the Chisolm Trail Hunt ...I would appreciate it ;)

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
If chicken and bean salad and unlimited swimming will get the 3 of ya to redo my pool house...then I'm headin to Krogers right now and will start cooking in the morning!!! ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy,

This is just too overwhelming for me, I simply adore this Lil Country Store. You and the girls did a dynamite job, I'm so proud of you. Now, get yourselves down here and build me one. ;D

;) RR

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
River Rat said:
Gypsy,

This is just too overwhelming for me, I simply adore this Lil Country Store. You and the girls did a dynamite job, I'm so proud of you. Now, get yourselves down here and build me one. ;D

;) RR

Thanks Hon....Potting Sheds R Us ......LOL....New business......Better than my old idea of Privvys R US ;)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and your girls have done a wonderful job with that "structure d'Americana" (I wouldn't call it a shed)
I think by next week it'll be ready for submission into the Wisconsin Register of Historic Places 8)

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Gypsy we need to park Gerry's 33 Ford out front :D. That is an awesome job you girls have done, love it. I see your coffee barrell found it's home, perfect!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome Gypsy.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super job Gypsy, it reminds me of a local antique shop in this area.

Don

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the coolest thing i've ever seen.You and the girls are very talented.Trial and error or not! Thanks for sharing. :) ;D :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread