scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure it is worth the extra weight and trouble, the battery life will last all day....maybe in a few years if the battery starts degrading it would be worth it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure it is worth the extra weight and trouble, the battery life will last all day....maybe in a few years if the battery starts degrading it would be worth it.

That ^.

Over past 9 months, have NEVER run into the need and I have been on a couple 10+ hour hunts. Retaining the light weight of the Equinox is key, especially if you ARE hunting all day.

If you just want something you can use to charge in the field between hunts if you are not located next to an electrical outlet (e.g., camping out). Get something that has a capacity larger than 10,000 mAH (the Equinox battery is 5000 mAH capacity but you need to account for efficiency losses from the power bank during charging), has at least a 2.1 A output per port and, if possible, has two or more ports so you can charge those aftermarket wireless headphones you will be itching to get after awhile once you tire of the ML cheapo wired phones they provided with the 600. I have found Anker and RAV power banks to be pretty reliable and perform as advertised.

Happa54

Feb 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
EQX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out hunting for 10 hours today. Only moved to second site but by the end of the day, battery is still at 2 bars out of 3. I've done many 10 hour hunts and as always plenty of battery left.

OP
OP
D

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Thanks everyone for the information. There are many parks nearby so I don't need a power bank just yet. But, when I venture "far afield" to "exotic" sites, I may want to bring one with me. Per headphones, I may want to continue using my Killer B Rattler (one earcup) so I also ordered the adapter.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are lucky. Im still only getting about 5hours out of a full charge. I havent sent it in yet because we keep getting a few decent weather fays each week. Ill probably send it in in february. Ive got an Anker powercore+ mini that has come in handy a few times.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are lucky. Im still only getting about 5hours out of a full charge. I havent sent it in yet because we keep getting a few decent weather fays each week. Ill probably send it in in february. Ive got an Anker powercore+ mini that has come in handy a few times.

What are you using to charge it up at home? I ask because sometimes the chargers shut off when the Equinox goes into trickle charge near the end of its charge cycle and you may not really be getting a full charge (solid green light) but it will still show 3 bars. If the light is off when you go to pull it off the charger, that is a clue. More likely to happen with a power bank, but plug in chargers can do it also. But, yeah, more likely you may have some sort of a lemon battery because only 5 hours is abnormal and should have it replaced by ML. It is a pain to have it off line for however long it takes to do that.

Last edited:

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I charge it from a cell phone usb brick that plugs into the wall. I know its under the amp recommended. I think its 2.5 amp. I've tried other chargers and a friends charger who's equinox lasts multiple hunts. I think its just a bunk battery. Ill send it out soon to get the wobble , battery and broken cuff replaced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread