jpc8636

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2013
Eagle River, AK
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone I'm new to this so please bear with me. I am building my own 10" power sluice for the garage so I can enjoy some classified dirt at home. It's going to have gold hog mats in it (thinking razorback, UR, and maybe some of the new creekbed). I'm not sure on pump size or if I need a header box. My sluice is 10"w x 48"L x 5"h. I've seen on post people recommending anything from 1000gph to 5000gph and I don't want to waste a ton of $$$ of buying the wrong stuff. Thanks a million!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone I'm new to this so please bear with me. I am building my own 10" power sluice for the garage so I can enjoy some classified dirt at home. It's going to have gold hog mats in it (thinking razorback, UR, and maybe some of the new creekbed). I'm not sure on pump size or if I need a header box. My sluice is 10"w x 48"L x 5"h. I've seen on post people recommending anything from 1000gph to 5000gph and I don't want to waste a ton of $$$ of buying the wrong stuff. Thanks a million!

Best option for you is to look at existing, commercially made versions and see what they are using.

Macgyver12

Greenie
Dec 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have not a picture of your sluice?

OP
OP
J

jpc8636

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2013
Eagle River, AK
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pictures yet because she isn't built yet. But believe me as soon as she is built I'll have pics up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread