Powerscoop?

terminal99

Greenie
Apr 22, 2005
Maryland
In the May Lost treasure magazine, page 57 has an ad for a 2 inch hand held dredge with attachment for a metal detector loop. It pumps no water until the target is pinpointed. Speed up the engine and water will jet the target into a catch basket up to 100 items per hour it says. I've been thinking of getting into searching in water and if this works as good as they say, it would be a great time saver. Has anyone else seen or used one of these? There is a demo tape which I think I will check out.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with "any" type of dredge at any beach. There are laws in most states that do not allow dredging of any kind in most active swimming areas/beaches.

You could get BIG fines, and lose ALL your equipment for using a dredge in areas "off limits" to them (which is MOST areas).

Check your local laws, and find out where you can use one to be sure it's even worth buying.

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
T

terminal99

Greenie
Apr 22, 2005
Maryland
I wonder who I would contact to see if it's legal. The amount of silt stirred up should not be any more than using a scoop. I think the term "dredge" should be avoided. I would of called it a power digger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread