Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This also happened with my ex Terry.

We were having a great day visiting Sandy Hook National Park. Sandy Hook still has an army reservation on the land, including old bunkers from WWII. You are allowed to walk though the bunkers, on top of them, in them, everything goes. Well this was a nice fall day and I had my 2 sons along as well. At the time my boys were 10 and 8, and full of pep. Since it is a wooded area, I told everyone to watch out for rattle snakes as they love the fall weather (That is not an actual fact, but they had no idea) If you know southern NJ, you will know a good part of out land is just a sandy soil, 2 shades away from beach sand. Well we were climbing the sandy walk up the rampart, when I grabbed a long stick and rattle it in the leaves. I just yelled SNAKE!!! My kids took off like a bat out of hell and poor Terry was losing her balance in the sand, trying to grab a hold of one of my sons, but they were out of reach. Her legs and feet were moving in the same spot, until she fell flat on her face. She was relieved there were no snakes, but pretty pissed at me for a little while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions