spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure you remember the Cabbage Baby crazy of the early 80's. My office was in a very comfortable environment. You were allowed to have a few pictures, and nick knacks on your desk so long as it was neat.

I worked with one of a few young ladies that were assigned to data entry input, and would just type a good part of the day, and only leave their desks for breaks, or lunch. Well one of the ladies had a really small Cabbage Patch Baby. (almost like those old troll dolls of the 70's) One day I decided to kidnap the little critter and see what I could get for it. My first message was written on an old post-it, demanding $5.00 if she ever wanted to see her baby again. She made a comment that she knew someone would return, probably by days end. This I can assure didn't happen.

Next day I sent another demand letter, this time with strong and threatening language. Upon reading the note, she just started to laugh, as it was a funny note. later that day I sent another stating that I really meant business and that physical harm to the doll was not out of the question. Again she awaited the return of her baby, and that was not to be

Third day another note went out with my demands, which pretty much went ignored as her thinking is that I would soon tire of this. That afternoon, I cut and rolled up a tiny piece of paper like a finger with some blood and sent the message. Although it was only a paper bloody finger, a clear message was sent. My final note for the day said tomorrow will be that babies last day.

On the last day I again sent another little note stating that she had until noon to come up with the $5.00. Being who she is, she totally ignored the warning and dire consequences. She went to lunch at noon, as did I, but I returned to the office after visiting a deli and left a small cup of coleslaw with a note regretting what had to be done to her Cabbage Patch baby. I gave her the doll later that evening.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Reminds me of one I just recently pulled on my co-worker Eric. I am a die hard Chicago Cub fan, he is a cardinal fan. We go back n' forth all the time, especialy last season. I was at a .99 cent store & I found these stuffed, red cardinals so I bought 2. Went home & held one up & took a pic with my phone, sent it to Erics phone. He texted me "Is that for me or are you finaly comin over to the good side?" .........smartass. Then I took a pic of Boo-Boo my chocolate lab (who loves to destroy stuffed animals) & sent it. Then I dropped it on the floor & took a series of pics of Boo chewing on it, the last one he was laying flat almost asleep with little red pieces of fabric & stuffing all over the place & sent it. Eric was not happy, we exchanged rude texts through the evening. Then I walked into his office the next morning, smiled, then threw him the other bird in perfect condition. He still has it on his desk. :icon_thumleft:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Mighty AP said:
Reminds me of one I just recently pulled on my co-worker Eric. I am a die hard Chicago Cub fan, he is a cardinal fan. We go back n' forth all the time, especialy last season. I was at a .99 cent store & I found these stuffed, red cardinals so I bought 2. Went home & held one up & took a pic with my phone, sent it to Erics phone. He texted me "Is that for me or are you finaly comin over to the good side?" .........smartass. Then I took a pic of Boo-Boo my chocolate lab (who loves to destroy stuffed animals) & sent it. Then I dropped it on the floor & took a series of pics of Boo chewing on it, the last one he was laying flat almost asleep with little red pieces of fabric & stuffing all over the place & sent it. Eric was not happy, we exchanged rude texts through the evening. Then I walked into his office the next morning, smiled, then threw him the other bird in perfect condition. He still has it on his desk. :icon_thumleft:
That shows class on your part :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Jim

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
That's Cardinals...with a CAPITAL C

Announcement heard at cubs game: "Would the mother of the nine young loud obnoxious children please pick them up at guest services? They're beating the crap out of the cubs." :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread