mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a friend of many years, who lives nearby. He was having a few leg cramps, so, we talked him into going to the doc.

Well, he went, and they sent him for tests. Found blockages in his left leg, and scheduled surgery. We took him to the hospital on Wednesday, and they wanted to do a dopplar on his other arteries before the surgery. They found a 98-99% blockage in the carotid artery in his neck on the right side. They cancelled surgery on the stent they were going to put in his leg. The surgery would have killed him.

Today, after more mri's and angio's, they are going to be operating on his neck on Friday, January 16th. He has strict instructions to limit activity until then, and if there is anything different that happens, to go to the emergency room immediately. The doc said, straight out, that he is on very thin ground.

Thank God for a few leg cramps.

But, I am VERY concerned, and I worry even more that the doctor's seem overly concerned. He wrote up a will and gave it to us today. I worry about his attitude - he is only in his 50's, and a fellow treasure hunter.

Any prayers would be much appreciated.

B

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: Prayers, please - for a good friend

My prayers are sent to your friend.Let us know how he does.God Bless all concered.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

inmythtsprayersblutextangel.gif

Attachments

• inmythtsprayersblutextangel.gif
    inmythtsprayersblutextangel.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 125

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

On my list, too, Mrs. O.

Best always,
PBK

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Still prayin B! I know the surgery is not til Friday but praying he is in good spirits and enjoying the company of folks he cares about instead of focusing on negative things. Keep us updated!

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to update our friend's condition and to thank all for the posts, emails and prayers.

They moved up his surgery due to the circumstances, and, though it was a rough surgery and he did not wake up well, he is recuperating.

We brought him home day before yesterday (they kept him in the hospital for some extra time), but seems to be doing pretty well.

He does have to have more surgery in the future, but right now he is on the healing path from the first, most dangerous one.

I thank God that he had those leg cramps - as they found out it was even more extensive than they thought, and now, the prognosis has gone from 'guarded' to good.

Again, thanks for all the good thoughts!

B

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
So glad to hear things went well! Will be praying for a great recovery for him. So glad he had those cramps to warn him something was going on and they could figure out what! whew!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread