Pre DIV and DIV Finds

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
I flew out to Virginia early to do some digging with my old detecting partner Bill Dancy. Thanks again Bill for the hospitality! We got into a nice spot with a mix of Civil War and Colonial finds. The VA half penny was my best pre-DIV find. It was the second half penny to come out of this spot. Bill dug one a few years ago there. I had significant shoulder surgery on February 1st and i didnt know how the digging would go without the use of my left arm. It took quite a bit longer to dig holes with one arm and obviously no huts or fire pits could be excavated, however it was still a great time as usual and the infinium sniffed out a few finds. The large bullets are bigger than .69s which are firsts. If anyone can ID the spur and the brass item in the last picture (it was in the same hole as a fired 3 ringer) that would be nice. Everything else is self explanatory. Nice to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Thanks for looking.
-Evan

Attachments

• DSCN0186.JPG
    DSCN0186.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN0187.JPG
    DSCN0187.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCN0183.JPG
    DSCN0183.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 396
  • DSCN0184.JPG
    DSCN0184.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 390
  • DSCN0185.JPG
    DSCN0185.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Evan nice finds buddy! I looked for you out there but never found you :dontknow: That friction primer is sweet buddy as well as the Virginia Halfpenny. From the single picture, the spur looks like a Federal Spur that's been twisted and had the end broken off except for the middle tang. Great job man :headbang: :occasion14: :wink:
:headbang:

Attachments

• myspurs42.jpg
    myspurs42.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 328

Tony (NC)

Dec 3, 2008
Claremont, NC
...."My old digging partner"....?

Just what are you tryin' to say about Bill? :tongue3: It was great to see you guys again! Keep diggin' 'em up out west and enjoy your time with the "little man" :icon_thumright:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. DIV was a blast. That is a nice collection of relics.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Evan, great to see you again! You will get that ringtail next time! You got some nice relics at DIV and Virginia halfpennies are always nice to find :thumbsup:

I think the item in the last pic is a drawer pull.

Attachments

• Drawer Pulls.jpg
    Drawer Pulls.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 254

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
You didn't do too bad for a one-armed digger

I'd say you did quite well during your semi-annual trip back east. It was great to see you again, and I had a blast digging and spending a little time with you. Hopefully when your arm is better you can get back to some of your fort sites, not to mention doing a little bottle digging which has got you hooked. Be talkin' to you soon ..... Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread