dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pretty smart. It only says I use one in the thread. What's your point? I've used Minelab

I don't have a point, little defensive aren't you. I didn't see where it said that's what you are using. Although atpro guys seem to be the most sensitive. Whenever I read any post I like to know what detectors the person giving advice uses. It's also nice to know what kind of detecting advice givers are doing.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to try an AT Pro, I remember Technetics and Deeptech machines that had surprisingly fast response for short change, still have them somewhere :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never had an issue with the seals leaking because of water. Had some condensation problems in England after 4-5 days of solid rain and no place to dry the equipment up and a temperature fluctuation from 100% humidity to snow and ice. I've showered with the machine, went to the car wash, garden hose sprayer, no problem with the seals. It's usually operator error getting sand and grit in with the seal that causes the problem. I did though have the machine go blank, sent it in and they repaired it, went to England and the machine was died with the same issue. Ready to send it back in now to get it repaired once again, the only thing that sucks it's a $75 to send the machine in, and another $65 by the time it gets back with the customs charging duties, then dealing with them trying to get a rebate.

It's fun to have another user near and getting a signal and asking them if they can hear it, or if they do would they have dug it. Seen first hand the other user upgrading as they see that the machine they're using isn't doing it.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
To me, the ability to swing fast or slow is a tremendous advantage. My XLT was a great machine, but in trashy sites it was close to useless. You needed to swing so fast it just became untenable. My CTX is arriving tomorrow!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread