Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi :hello:

Another nice day to be out diggin'! :icon_sunny:

I have included yesterday's hunt with today's hunt.

All items found in low tide mud.

Silver ring is size 10, but not heavy..it appears to have been custom - made..it has little designs around the band...some leaves..and slashes ...not sure , but that's what is looks like to me.

Ring is stamped 925

Coin was extremely crusted...couldn't tell what it was, but I guessed that it was a silver coin.

Here's some pics

As always, thanks for looking at my finds

p.s. Go, Patriots!
Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF1407.JPG
    DSCF1407.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF1410.JPG
    DSCF1410.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCF1416.JPG
    DSCF1416.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCF1411.JPG
    DSCF1411.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCF1429.JPG
    DSCF1429.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCF1389.JPG
    DSCF1389.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds Lorraine..... amazing what the salt does to silver and what you can do with cleaning them up.... that is one really thin silver coin!

Cliff

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Ive said this before but it bears saying again. You are the absolute best at cleaning your finds. They look spectacular when you get done with them! WTG :wink:

OP
OP
Lorrain.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
Ive said this before but it bears saying again. You are the absolute best at cleaning your finds. They look spectacular when you get done with them! WTG :wink:

Thanks, Mumszie
How are you doing?

I'm glad to see you posting again...I missed you.

Lorraine

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Lorrain. said:
mumszie said:

Thanks, Mumszie
How are you doing?

I'm glad to see you posting again...I missed you.

Lorraine

I really didn't think people would want to read about all my misery. They have enough of their own and I am such a whimp. I'm told I should have a breakthrough or a noticeable change after six weeks. About the 23rd of this month. I sure hope so. I do know I will NEVER willingly do this again. I've been watching the posts... WOW. I've been watching the beach cams and the water is calm and perfect for hunting. The weather has been so good and by the time I'm able to get back out there.... it will turn cold and the water will be rough. OK OK see what I mean? I'm not fit to be around with all my whining. As for the rest of you guys.... keep hunting and posting your finds. I am so jealous of you all and love seeing what I am missing out on. GET ER DONE! :wink:

OP
OP
Lorrain.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really didn't think people would want to read about all my misery. They have enough of their own and I am such a whimp. I'm told I should have a breakthrough or a noticeable change after six weeks. About the 23rd of this month. I sure hope so. I do know I will NEVER willingly do this again. I've been watching the posts... WOW. I've been watching the beach cams and the water is calm and perfect for hunting. The weather has been so good and by the time I'm able to get back out there.... it will turn cold and the water will be rough. OK OK see what I mean? I'm not fit to be around with all my whining. As for the rest of you guys.... keep hunting and posting your finds. I am so jealous of you all and love seeing what I am missing out on. GET ER DONE! :wink:
[/quote]

Mumszie, anytime you want to talk, you can e-mail me. That's what friends are for.

Lorraine

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
I agree - amazing clean / repair on that ring Lorrain. Tell Romeo to go easy at the post bowl party!

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Nice looking silver Lorrain. That dime did some tumbling around didn't it?

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always you are the queen of silver finds. Congratulations! The Mercury dime is great.

May 31, 2008
Lake City, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 II, Ace 250, Gold Bug 2, Fisher 1265-X, C&G Bobcat, Previously Garrett Groundhog and Bounty Hunter RB 10
I found a 1958 quarter that was crusted like yours and looked the same when I removed the crust. It was very thin, but I could still make out the images and dates. It makes me wonder how a Spanish silver coin could survive centuries in the salt water and still keep their thickness??? :dontknow:

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to crusty mystery items they intrigue my imagination.
I had the fever today to get out and find some gold. The dead of winter plays on me.
I wonder if I was to grind some up and add it to my :coffee2:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorrain. said:
Hi :hello:

Another nice day to be out diggin'! :icon_sunny:

I have included yesterday's hunt with today's hunt.

All items found in low tide mud.

Silver ring is size 10, but not heavy..it appears to have been custom - made..it has little designs around the band...some leaves..and slashes ...not sure , but that's what is looks like to me.

Ring is stamped 925

Coin was extremely crusted...couldn't tell what it was, but I guessed that it was a silver coin.

Here's some pics

As always, thanks for looking at my finds

p.s. Go, Patriots!
Lorraine
Lorrain sorry about your team :'(but it was a grate game

Jonnie

OP
OP
Lorrain.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Lorrain sorry about your team :'(but it was a grate game

Jonnie"

Thanks, Jonnie
I felt that they were doomed from that initial messup by Brady; and I think that his left shoulder problem didn't help , either.

I would have liked to have seen more "Hail Mary" passes, fumbles, and interceptions ...would have made for a much more exciting game( IMHO)

Giants were sharp , right on...... they deserved to win.

Lorraine

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
WTG Lorraine your the best :wav:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread