Precious Metal with the Excalibur...Finally!!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the Spring I purchased a ML Excalibur and swore to myself I was no longer going to torture myself with ticks, poison ivy, heat stroke and all the other things that go along with land detecting in the summer. Unfortunately, due to time constraints (being 100 miles round trip), along with the soaring price of gas, I did not get to hit the sand as much as I would have liked.

004.JPG

Well I finally got out after the storms that have passed through over the last few days, or so I thought! As I booted up the Excalibur, the skies opened up! I roughed it for a while, but then I decided to wait it out in my Jeep. After a brief nap, the skies began to clear and I was off to the races!

I worked the surf a bit during low tide hoping that the recent storms would have churned things up a bit, but it was strangely quiet. After a bit, I decided to hit the blanket line and started getting coin hits and plenty of bottle caps. (I have started to get pretty good at guessing the brands. Corona tops have the best sounding signals, Mike's Hard Lemonade is the trashiest sounding.)

006.JPG

I did find a few keepers including the keys to a rental house, complete with the address on the tag. I will go back with a U-Haul tomorrow to clean out the place. (JK :D) . I also found some costume jewelry, Kimberley's pen and the tiniest .925 ring ever made. It only weighs 1.1 gram! It is the first piece of non-costume jewelry I have found with the Excalibur!

008.JPG

Some of the coins were well over a foot deep in the dry sand, and one quarter was about 18 inches in the surf, although it is hard to get an accurate depth with the waves filling it back in every 30 seconds!

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for this Post We Noticed the Same thing

(I have started to get pretty good at guessing the brands. Corona tops have the best sounding signals, Mike's Hard Lemonade is the trashiest sounding.)

For you dry sand Hunters Here is another tool for you Just scan it over the dry area before You Dig or bend down For those Damn Bottle caps!!! Its A little Heavy But You could Drill a hold through the Handle and Attach a Loop to put through your Belt Those Pesky caps And False Nail Signals Will Disappear!!! see Pic and Happy Hunting Red and I have Been Cleaning Up Our Local Beaches With It!!!

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 376

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad,
Those rental house keys might come in handy. You did say it was a 100 mile round trip. could be a nice place to crash late at night and get a fresh start in the morning :laughing7:
Only joking. :tongue3:

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Chug and Red said:
For you dry sand Hunters Here is another tool for you Just scan it over the dry area before You Dig or bend down For those Damn Bottle caps!!! Its A little Heavy But You could Drill a hold through the Handle and Attach a Loop to put through your Belt Those Pesky caps And False Nail Signals Will Disappear!!! see Pic and Happy Hunting Red and I have Been Cleaning Up Our Local Beaches With It!!!

Here is how we do it, Jersey style! No bending down here!

cover12.bmp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread