Precision pump & Geo 3 cylinder engine ???

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Re: Precision pump & Geo 3 cylinder engine ???

Gravel Hog said:
Here are some real good looking floats to fit the bill and the whole Precision Pump/Jet theme. :thumbsup:

10457.jpg

Do you make those yourself?

Hogman

Mar 14, 2011

oragonads said:
Every person I've talked to who works on vw's say they weigh about 300-350 lbs fully dressed. Everywhere I've looked on line says they make anywhere from 40-55 HP. The geo 1.0 liter 3 cylinder only weighs 134.5 lbs fully dressed.

There are places where you can buy the whole engine plug and play for the VW beetle. They are no where near 300 lbs. I have two of the vw engines mounted on light aircraft. The geo engine is good also. The VW engine is aircooled and the Geo is water cooled and must have a radiator. I believe the 1600 CC with single port heads may have been 45 Hp and dual port heads are 60 HP. The heaviest VW engine I have is a 2100 CC and it weighs 158.

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011

I knew there was no way that they could weigh that much but everyone I have talked to say they do. I guess they don't really know what there talking about.

I still like the geo concept. It seems like somewhat a challenge and I love fabricating things.

There's a place that sells rebuilt vw long blocks near me but they want nearly $2k. Plus I would have to buy the essentials to get it running. All the used ones for sale near me either need rebuilt or are full blown race built for sandrails. I can get a good low mileage geo motor with a warranty from salvage yard for $350.

Hogman

Mar 14, 2011

Sometimes you can buy a whole car cheaper than just a motor. If you can mechanic they are simple to rebuild. The geo is a good engine also. But if everything is already setup for a VW, you wouldn't have all the machine work to do. CB Performance did have rebuilt VW engines at one time. I believe that VW started making the 1600CC about 1971.

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011

Oh ok. I've been to there website, I just havnt seen that picture before.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mining Corral and Savannah Engineering will :laughing7: open your eyes to MANY things. GEO modifications and where to buy el cheapo info coming to you today Ordad --sorry but "claimjumpers >:( and EIR :read2: predicated other matters at this EXTREMELY troublesome time. Info worth BOOKOO $$$ and cost much cash,time and blown engines to perfect--to you FREEEEEEEEE :hello2: as always----John

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011

Why thank you Hoser ;D

I contacted Precision to see if by chance they still make the adapter. Wyatt says they do and he's supposed to be calling me today to talk about it.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You sent email addy OD and got returned undeliverable as tried to send geo info??? will try again and recheck pm--John

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011

Well unfortunately the precision adapter costs $700 so I will have to fab up my own. I really like caau_miners set up and plan on doing something like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread